[HELP] Removing Tablet PC component breaks Shell Search (LTSC 2019)

MacTavish

Removing Tablet PC component break the start menu search. Clicking on the icon search icon or typing while in start menu wont do anything.
Tested only on Windows 10 1809 (LTSC 2019)

Tablet PC should be added to compatiblity category "Shell search"

EDIT: After test by fellow user 鱼遇海, this problem happen to exist only on my side.

Last edited:
Removing Tablet PC component break the start menu search. Clicking on the icon search icon or typing while in start menu wont do anything.
Tested only on Windows 10 1809 (LTSC 2019)

Tablet PC should be added to compatiblity category "Shell search"
TablePC is supported by touch tablets.This component is usually removed and is not important. Have you removed any other search related components? For example, the system application Windows search.The ltsc2019 search function relies on Cortana, which is locked for shell search compatibility

Last edited:
TablePC is supported by touch tablets.This component is usually removed and is not important. Have you removed any other search related components? For example, the system application Windows search.The ltsc2019 search function relies on Cortana, which is locked for shell search compatibility
LTSC 2019, multiple tests done, VM + live installation (en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso - sha256 = b570ddfdc4672f4629a95316563df923bd834aec657de5d4ca7c7ef9b58df2b1)

I just remove ONLY the Tablet PC component and the shell search break

If you can confirm you are not able to reproduce issue ON THIS PARTICULAR VERSION I will mark the topic as solved/delete it

Hope I could help

I just remove ONLY the Tablet PC component and the shell search break
In ntlite, apart from the components included in "shell search compatibility", there are no components that affect search functionality
You can try using the simplified solution of LTSC2019 on the 1809 Professional Edition to check for this situation. NTlite has differences in layout between the two
I hope it can help you

In ntlite, apart from the components included in "shell search compatibility", there are no components that affect search functionality
You can try using the simplified solution of LTSC2019 on the 1809 Professional Edition to check for this situation. NTlite has differences in layout between the two
I hope it can help you
That is what I said, Tablet PC Component SHOULD BE part of the "shell search compatibility" catergory

What do you mean by simplified solution of LTSC2019 on the 1809 Professional Edition ?

I'm just telling you that on my side, tested multiple time, removing ONLY the Tablet PC component immedialty break the Shell search (it does appear and start, but when typing it goes all blank)
To be honest I'm also really surprised about this.

Now I would like someone on this forum, you or someone else reading, who may have the time to, to test with the exact same iso (en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso, sha256 = b570ddfdc4672f4629a95316563df923bd834aec657de5d4ca7c7ef9b58df2b1 ), I would like to know if someone is able to reproduce de issue, if yes then Tablet PC Component SHOULD BE part of the "shell search compatibility" catergory to avoid someone else breaking their ISO beacause YES, I agree, THIS makes NO SENSE at ALL !!
If no one can reproduce then me or my computer must just going crazy

(For the caps, do not take it personnaly, I found this just much easy to read)

That is what I said, Tablet PC Component SHOULD BE part of the "shell search compatibility" catergory
You can send me the download link for the English version of ISO you are currently using (ed2k/bt). I have free time now to help you completely solve the problem

You can send me the download link for the English version of ISO you are currently using (ed2k/bt). I have free time now to help you completely solve the problem
Thanks. I would really appreciate if you can help me found out whether I'm going crazy or this an actual issue on this particular iso.

The iso is this very one (only one I tested) = [redacted]
From Massgrave.dev (windowsaddict)

Just remove Tablet PC component, Shell search should no longer work
Keep me in touch

edit: fucked up the link, wrong iso

Mod note: Removed non-MS ISO link, per forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched to the English version and will be testing it in VM later

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235907.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235907.png
    47 KB
  • 屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235921.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235921.png
    27.6 KB
  • 屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235931.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-10 235931.png
    106 KB
  • Auto-saved ffedb2da.xml
    4.8 KB
Last edited:
Hello, after testing, removing table-c will not affect the search function in the taskbar search box

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2024-05-11 000959.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-11 000959.png
    696.8 KB
  • 屏幕截图 2024-05-11 001115.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-11 001115.png
    467.7 KB
  • 屏幕截图 2024-05-11 001157.png
    屏幕截图 2024-05-11 001157.png
    978.1 KB
NTLite's forum policy is simple:

- MS owns the copyright and intellectual property to Windows & Office ISO's, Updates, Add-on's, and other applications.
- Do not provide anything other than MS-hosted links to MS products.
- Do not redistribute your own ISO's (or least mention them here); you can release your preset so someone else can build their own copy.
- Do not discuss KMS licensing, because we know.... ummm 95% of you are pirating Enterprise.

Don't provide the DMCA or MS LCA (legal) folks an excuse to take this forum offline, that's all. Keep it clean.
Thanks.

garlin what about mentioning or linking to heidocs hash archive(or other such hash lists) as he doesnt host or link to files?
i know its a bit pernickity and possibly borderline but all we need is one ms johnny having a bad day and our collective arse could be dmca grass so an official company policy would be welcome.

garlin what about mentioning or linking to heidocs hash archive(or other such hash lists) as he doesnt host or link to files?
its a bit pernickity and possibly borderline but all we need is one ms johnny having a bad day and our collective arse could be dmca grass.
The Western region pays more attention to copyright and legal issues than the East, and this concept may be two-sided

Hash listings like Heidocs (or even rg-adguard since they no longer host ISO's) are fair game, since a hash value isn't IP.

Hello, after testing, removing table-c will not affect the search function in the taskbar search box
Wtf do I do wrong dude.
I just simply remove Tablet PC component, NOTHING else, and Search bar break after that.
There is something going on.
However, thanks to confirm that I'm the only one, I edit the first message

Back