Windows could not set the offline locale information. Error code: 0x80780000

EJL

Hi,

I am making my first unanttended windows installation, and I cannot get it to work. I am using auto fillout for the unattended part, and disk template UEFI (no recovery drive), maximum (Extend) for system partition.

No other settings added.

When the installation starts to “installing features” I straight away get the error:
Windows could not set the offline locale information. Error code: 0x80780000

When google’ing the issue, they talk about missing raid drivers, but did a normal setup with a normal windows installation, and that works fine.

Does NTlite remove any drivers from the installation, that normally would be available in a regular windows installation?

I am using RAID for the data controllers due to a raid1 setup. Windows is however installed an a single SSD.

I can see that the partitions are created ok on the correct disk (0).

examine this and do the similar, just change the languages. this works for all windows 10 and windows 8 editions.

examine this and do the similar, just change the languages. this works for all windows 10 and windows 8 editions.

Hmm, maybe I do not understand it. I need a fully automated installation, and yours looks very basic?

Are there issues with the build in auto-fill option for the unattended part?

Will try to make a unattended without disk template inorder to try isolate the fault.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but it had nothing to do with the disk template.

I am using Windows 10 Pro UK-GB
Autofill for unattended

Using Rufus for writing the iso to the USB-flash drive, but the installation ends in the error described.

Hi everybody, i found a solution for the issue. I trying around 2 weeks but now i now the issue. It's not a problem with the disk or hardware or something, it's a issue in the windows installer.

My solution:
1. install first Windows in a virtual maschine by default settings (no online account)
2. create an local admin account with accountname "Admin" and password "admin"
3. Enable the "Administrator" Account and set as password "admin"
4. set "password does not expire" and enable both accounts
5. add "Admin" and "Administrator" to the "local administrator group"
6. Sysprep the maschine and convert the virtual maschine image to a wim file and rename it to "install.wim"
7. replace the custom install.wim with the original install.wim in the sources folder from the Windows image
8. try again with the custom image - for me it work's

i think so the issue is because the local administrator is disable and windows dosen't have the full permission for successfully installation. Maybe you can try solve the issue with the command shell in the install progress (press [shift] + [F10]) and create the both accounts and add to local administrator group.

after the restart i get the attached errormessage... -.-

i'll keep trying and keep your updated :cool:

sorry for my terrible englisch but i hope i can help you

greetings from switzerland

ABTSummer

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_154926.jpg
    IMG_20191223_154926.jpg
    211 KB
2. create an local admin account with accountname "Admin" and password "admin"
3. Enable the "Administrator" Account and set as password "admin"
4. set "password does not expire" and enable both accounts
5. add "Admin" and "Administrator" to the "local administrator group"

i think so the issue is because the local administrator is disable and windows dosen't have the full permission for successfully installation. Maybe you can try solve the issue with the command shell in the install progress (press [shift] + [F10]) and create the both accounts and add to local administrator group.
2.- Use NTLite automation for this
3.- Also use NTLite automation for this
4.- Use Post Setup page template (located in toolbar)
5.- Not necessary for the Administrator built in account

The administrator built in account is enabled by default (and is renamed to a localized name before or at the setupcomplete.cmd start) and disabled in some step between setupcomplete.cmd and "first logon".

The step to run commands at the highest level that i have "seen", is "Specialize" in the autounattend.xml but there are limited commands that will work as there are not running many needed services, here you can run some installers, I had tested Pale Moon setup and it is installed ok at "Specialized" step.

Back