Unable to apply modifications with NTLite and create ISO for Windows 10 (1909)

Hvergelmir

Hi,

I am using the disk labeled CPBA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 from MSDN. This is the x64 disk with "consumer editions".

After adding the "Image directory" from the "Image" tab (a simple copy of the DVD image contents in a writable location), I tell NTLite to load item number 10 (Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations). I then use the (previously auto-saved) Preset from the right-hand pane and choose "Load" -> "Overwrite". To verify that everything got loaded properly, I inspect the individual "tabs" and all seems fine.

So in the "Apply" tab I pick either "Save the image" and then check the checkboxes for items 1 through 9 (all superfluous editions) in the "Remove nonessential editions" node. Alternatively I have also tried using "Save the image and trim editions" without modifying anything in the "Remove nonessential editions" node. The behavior was identical.

I leave the remainder of settings the way they are ("Image format" -> "Standard, editable (WIM)") and only check "Create ISO" at the very bottom.

I am attaching a screenshot of the summary page:

2019-12-04 22_57_41-NTLite.png

Hitting "Process" I disabled Windows Defender the first time around and then wait for the processing to finish.

Strangely enough this failed thrice with an error message (seemingly dismissed by losing focus) which claimed that install.wim was corrupt or could not be read anyway just prior to the ISO creation.

Thought I'd post it, even though the fourth time I got lucky and it went through (without any changes on the loaded Preset).

Last edited:
However, once I am trying to perform an installation with this ISO file, I am receiving an error 0x80070570. The error text is:

Windows cannot install the required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for the installation are available, and restart the installation.

How can I find out which of the files is missing?

Also, is there a way to attach the Preset and the log file without actually including private (user name etc) or sensitive (product key) data?

I basically removed all the Windows Store app stuff except the parts protected by the compatibility setting.

Thanks.

Hvergelmir, if an image got reported as corrupted, then it's unusable.
Retry fresh:
- unload all mounted (blue icon) images
- reboot
- disable any antivirus, antimalware tools
- copy all files from the original ISO
- load that image and reapply the same preset

If no errors reported, and you have an issue during install, please attach edited XML or send it to support at ntlite dot com.

Thanks.

The problem with the sensitive data is that XML doesn't exactly lend itself to readability for humans ;) ...

If no errors reported, and you have an issue during install, please attach edited XML or send it to support at ntlite dot com.
Will do. Any other files to include? Any way of tickling additional information out of Windows during the (failing) installation attempt?

Back