Problems installing updates after removing components

• Thread starter Deleted member 3165
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3165

With Ntlite, I cut out RDP and Remote App.
Ntlite version: 1.8.0.6912

KB2830477 - Return Code 0x80004005
KB2592687 - Failed to install update, component store is damaged
KB3125574-v4 - Return Code 0x80004005

How to solve this problem in fact?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you removed RDP, there's no need for KB2830477 & KB2592687.
KB3125574 is a convenience rollup which happens to include previous RDP fixes, but should be OK once you remove 0477 & 2687.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is that KB2592687 and KB2830477 are not installed.
I do not need them.
I need the KB3125574 cumulative package, which is not installed separately.

Please explain your setup, are you building a new image or editing live? Sounds like you may have removed RDP components before uninstalling any RDP updates, and corrupted the manifests.

For restricting security, disabling RDP access through Settings is an easier path than removing all the components.

Editing live.
But first, updates were installed, and then RDP was removed. After which these updates were rolled back and I can no longer install v4.

Rollback to system restore, if that's available. If not, try to repair files using "sfc /scannow".

Because the system is now inconsistent, you can't install/uninstall updates with messed up component stores. Short of re-imaging, a system restore or SFC repair might get you to the point where you can uninstall the RDP updates, then finally load the convenience rollup.

Hi Mitoya, best is to refresh the OS without reinstalling fully with latest version of the tool and Windows.
Please see here for the "Host Refresh" method, and let us know if you have any questions.

Back