Win10 Pro 1903 - Adding drivers to boot.wim?

HelloJackson

I'm working to create an image: Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 en-US. I've extracted the original ISO and it is loaded.

Source-boot.wim.jpg

I need to add my Hard Drive Controller driver so that the driver is available when I boot to the USB drive when I install windows. I already have the driver added in the Integrate ==> Drivers screen.

Integrate-Drivers.jpg

My question is this: Having added the driver will it also load when I boot to the USB? Don't I also have to add this driver to boot.wim?

If YES, how do I add the driver to boot.wim?

I'm new to this so bear with me.

HelloJackson If you go to the Apply page you can repeat any action(for the currently loaded wim) to other wims from the same image folder(even though they aint loaded), use the options in the left hand pane, add your drivers to boot wim - setup(and PE if you use it) and the tool will process each wim in order. the only drivers you usually need to add to boot wim are usb sata/ahci and raid, i wouldnt bother adding the monitor driver to boot.wim

Last edited:
Yes. you have to add disk controller drivers, anything that is needed during the initial boot, to the boot.wim.
The key edition is the second one, titled "Microsoft Windows Setup".

As Clanger alluded, you can propagate integration from loading install.wim to the boot.wim as well, under Apply - Image Tasks.
Best is to look at this guide, let me know if you have questions after following its steps.

Thanks.

Back