NTLite Latest Update beta (v2.0.0.7539) and stable crash bug

Mi5t3ri0

Hi, i just installed the latest beta update of ntlite and after installing it just stops suddenly on windows 10 build 2004.No errors no logs. I tested it in both x86 and x64 versions, same thing. Any fix? Thx.

Please redownload 7539 build and let me know how it goes.
It was a temporary bug in 7538, then saw it and released a new one in a few minutes.

If it was 7539 already, then please attach a %temp%\ntlite.log at the moment of the stop.

Thanks.

Please redownload 7539 build and let me know how it goes.
It was a temporary bug in 7538, then saw it and released a new one in a few minutes.

If it was 7539 already, then please attach a %temp%\ntlite.log at the moment of the stop.

Thanks.

Thx for the reply nuhi. Here's the log

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    435 bytes
Hi,

thanks.
Does that machine really has only one CPU core?
Is it a virtual machine setup like that, so that I can test it?

Managed to replicate it with the 32-bit version, working on it.

But you said it also crashes for you on 64-bit tool version? I don't see that, can you retry?

Managed to replicate it with the 32-bit version, working on it.

But you said it also crashes for you on 64-bit tool version? I don't see that, can you retry?
It's dual core cpu, with 4Gb of RAM actually a laptop. it worked fine with previous versions. The windows build it's x86 platform. i tested it even on a windows 7 x64 build and it works fine, the problem was on win 10 build 2004 only x86 and x64. I'll post the log on w10 b2004 x64 two.

Last edited:
OK, will fix it as soon as possible, it's not entirely up to me, but to some other tool I use to package it up - before that I don't see a crash.
Awaiting producer's reply.

Thanks, will get back to you.

OK, will fix it as soon as possible, it's not entirely up to me, but to some other tool I use to package it up - before that I don't see a crash.
Awaiting producer's reply.

Thanks, will get back to you.
I've redownload and tested latest stable and beta 7539 64bit tool on win10 b2004 x64 and works fine now, no errors, it seems only the 32bit tool is affected. Thx.

Hello nuhi,
Tested latest stable and beta 7539 64bit tool on win10 b2004 x64 dont working.
I test downgrade versión and dont working

Any help. Thanks

Hello nuhi,
Tested latest stable and beta 7539 64bit tool on win10 b2004 x64 dont working.
I test downgrade versión and dont working

Any help. Thanks

I have the same lack of log files and dmp is just an hourglass and does not appear in the program window something is blocking but I do not know what and it is on win 10 2004( interestingly, it works in emergency mode)

For me, the problem was on win 10 2004 x86, right now on w10 2004 x64 works fine. Nuhi said might be a setup package problem on 32bit tool.

32-bit will be fixed in the next release on this Tuesday, as for 64 I haven't replicated any issues, but those might be gone as well as the same principle will be applied to it.
If you still have issues starting the tool after that, do let me know.

Will reply here when released, thanks.

Fix for x86 released in build 7580, x64 didn't have this particular issue.

If you still cannot run it, let me know.

Thanks.

Fix for x86 released in build 7580, x64 didn't have this particular issue.

If you still cannot run it, let me know.

Thanks.

Still not able to run it. The latest version and version before it is having the issue. The versions prior to them didn't have this issue. My testbed is x64 2004 build only.
Also one more thing, I do note that it works fine with "Official 2004 unedited Windows image". It just doesn't work on the NTLite modified image, where the previous versions used to work. Even I have kept "Host Refresh or Manual Refresh" to test it, which I didn't use to kept before, but still no success.

Also it doesn't create any file in %temp% in fail case scenario, which it does when working fine.

I do note that it works fine with "Official 2004 unedited Windows image". It just doesn't work on the NTLite modified image, where the previous versions used to work.
In that case send me that preset which breaks it, may be some component is needed.

Thanks.

In that case send me that preset which breaks it, may be some component is needed.

Thanks.
Here you go..btw I removed Unattended config from there before posting it here. Please confirm me if that is also required and I will post them to you privately.

Attachments

• Preset.xml
    48.6 KB
Thanks.
Tested it on the exact version of the image from your preset, plus the preset, and deployed into it latest installer, it installed and ran the tool just fine.
Only difference in our tests, and not a small difference, is the vast collection of REG tweaks that you also add.
Can you try without those, deploy it to a virtual machine and try to install NTLite there?

Let me know if you have any more info that can help track this down.

Back