Reg settings not applying

xy44

Hi All, new NTLite user here :)

I'm using the free version for now as I trial the product but the one thing I am having an issue with is my registry settings are not applying with the ISO NTLite creates. If I run the .reg file on my Windows install afterwards it does what I want it to do but it doesn't apply during the install so is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

The batch file works just fine if I run it manually and the bluetooth icon is removed but how do I get the batch file to run correctly with NTLite?
Use Runonce on first logon:

In Post Setup you can add the command, in the link there is a command starting by ' "Del... ', replace with your command but i would make it easy and integrate a reg file from NTLite.

Use Runonce on first logon:

In Post Setup you can add the command, in the link there is a command starting by ' "Del... ', replace with your command but i would make it easy and integrate a reg file from NTLite.

Thanks, that did the trick!

I'm a bit baffled by the next issue I have. When I go through and tweak the following in settings in NTLite:
  • Desktop
  • Explorer
  • Network
  • Power Control
  • Privacy
  • Start Menu
  • System
  • Windows Defender
  • Windows Updates
  • Windows

I then install Windows from the new ISO I have created with NTLite and all seems fine until I install Firefox and it goes really strange. When I launch Firefox the application kind of flickers/flashes on the screen and then kind of disappears on the desktop! If I do a Ctrl+A I can see part of the top of the Firefox window but its unusable. So I created another customised ISO but this time I only changed the Privacy settings (the rest were left on defaults) and Firefox worked correctly so is there a quick/easier way to find out which of the settings I changed is causing this rather than working through each and every setting until I find out what setting I changed is causing this? ? I know its not the Privacy settings I changed.

...all seems fine until I install Firefox and it goes really strange. When I launch Firefox the application kind of flickers/flashes on the screen and then kind of disappears on the desktop! If I do a Ctrl+A I can see part of the top of the Firefox window but its unusable.
Check this.
That is probably the Firefox known issue.

I'm still experimentng with colours and if I won't use NTLite then Firefox works fine.

Does anyone know how to remove the "Windows Security" icon on the start menu? Either manually or via GPO/registry?

Also, what method should I use in NTLite so that Task Manager shows "more details" for all users?

Last edited:
Still not sure how you hide/remove the "Windows Security" icon from the start menu?

I seem to be having an issue with the reg key to show more details in task manager, is there something different I need to do to get this to work?

For task manager I have a working reg file but where do I use it in NTLite? If I add it to post setup it doesn't seem to work.

To remove the Windows Security icon from the start menu I unticked the following component:

System - COM+ API - DTC - Security Center

hkcu wont work during the setup if a user account hasnt been created yet. ubergeeks correct me if i am wrong. and hkcu will have to be reapplied for every user.

put the file into the tool Registry page and it will put it into a location that will apply to all users when their accounts are created during and after setup.

hkcu wont work during the setup if a user account hasnt been created yet. ubergeeks correct me if i am wrong. and hkcu will have to be reapplied for every user.

put the file into the tool Registry page and it will put it into a location that will apply to all users when their accounts are created during and after setup.

Tool registry page? Which location should I use in NTLite:

Integrate = Registry (queue or Hive?)

OR

Post-Setup?

OR

Somewhere else? (sorry if I didn't follow what you posted)

drag your file to Registry as below, the tool will apply it during the Apply process. note where it says "hkcu applies to all users".

Capture.JPG

Somewhere else? (sorry if I didn't follow what you posted)

dont worry about it, im not :)

Last edited:
Heh...I think I've tried it in that location and when I logged in the first time task manager was still not showing "more details". If I run the reg file afterwards manually it works so I know the reg file works.

So after removing Security Center in components I tested my ISO and Security Center was gone but after installing the latest cumulative update Security Center is back! What are my options here? Obviously not installing the latest update is an option but I would like to keep the machine patched so what can I do here? Use NTLite after patching the system in live mode to remove this component again?

i'll ping nuhi, he might know why the reg didnt work and help with security centre.

Many thanks! I just assumed that installing a cumulative update reset (certain) things afterwards back to their defaults?

I'm doing all this with build 2004 Enterprise edition. I updated from 19041.264 to 19041.329 when Security Center returned.

Back