NVIDIA USB-C driver on RTX 2060

Yo guys I'm on windows 7, but i get the yellow triangle on the nvidia usb-c, because w7 doesn't support it i get the red driver scanning icon and I just wanted to get rid of it, is there any way to hide it ?

nvidia post:

you have a display driver but no usb3 driver? good grief :rolleyes:
you are going to spend time and effort hunting for a solution but izzit a big deal, how often do you have device manager open?
i say you know what it is so ignore it. :)

however if you are still determined to get rid of it use this search result, good luck.

you are going to spend time and effort hunting for a solution but izzit a big deal, how often do you have device manager open?
i say you know what it is so ignore it. :)

Most of the devices needs drivers or the computer won't sleep.

Disabling the devices without drivers will let sleep the computer.

I mean I'm probably never gonna use usb-c on 7 i can disable it, but I get the taskbar icon on startup, pretty much all I need is to get rid of that icon, i don't want modded drivers you know....

Like I understand it's literally just an icon but I just don't want it there, there must be some registry edit or something...

Startup.png
So this is on startup, I also get this lock icon and i just click on it and it disappears so I would just like to get rid of these two...
Please if anyone knows any help would be appreciated!

Like I understand it's literally just an icon but I just don't want it there, there must be some registry edit or something...
Open windows explorer
right click on This PC for menu
select manage
select device manager
find the unknown device, right click and select Disable

that should do the trick.

Back