NVIDIA and Host Refresh

Bournesup

The last couple of updates I have had to reinstall the non-DCH nvidia driver after host refresh. Apparently the non-dch driver gets over written. Which means I have to go into safe mode and use the DDU utility. Yes, I have used GPO settings to not allow driver updates from windows update. Is there another setting within NTlite that I can use.

Using the filter options in GP editor I only found the one occurrence for driver updates. Attached is a screen shot.

Attachments

• winupdatedriver.jpg
    winupdatedriver.jpg
    319 KB
There's also posibilty in Administrative Templates – System – Device Installation – Device Installation Restrictions
Don't know if those two settings cover the last two settings in NTLITE but one of them seems to match .

Thank-you, I was looking for specifics with the filter. I do believe I got the rest.

With, Ntlite with options include drivers with quality updates I picked never.

Attachments

• devicedriver.jpg
    devicedriver.jpg
    190.8 KB
Windows Updates' paths are mysterious - sometimes it's the latest drivers - at least for firmware as i discovered, while still lagging behind the display drivers. Have experienced that WU after and having installed the latest AMD display driver for my CPU (onboard graphics) after active WU search suddenly offers and installs a 2-3 generation old display driver. It is annoying but usually done with RAPR and removes it approx. 1 GB extra display driver files from DriverStore + other outdated drivers.

If you want to get rid of all unused drivers, use my CleanDriverStore.cmd script. There is no need to use any app, drivers that are running are skipped. This is usefull when you create universal image with bunch of drivers. Easy and quick way to get rid of unused / obsolete drivers.

Last edited:
Back