GamerOS Windows 10 & 11 DIY Preset

Hello, where are the configuration files for Windows 11?
Was there a problem with them, or why are they no longer available as attachments in the posts?

Thank you very much and best regards to all.

Hello, where are the configuration files for Windows 11?
Was there a problem with them, or why are they no longer available as attachments in the posts?

Thank you very much and best regards to all.

the presets are on page 1. there are no issues with them

Nothing is called "Win 11" like i saw on older screenshots. Its only Win 10 shown..

it works just the same, also if you looked inside the GamerOSWindowsORG zip file after downloading you will SEE there is a Win11 preset.

Last edited:
it works just the same, also if you looked inside the GamerOSWindowsORG zip file after downloading you will SEE there is a Win11 preset.
There are differences btw the current W10 and this older W11 preset. Txmmy restored some features to improve compatibility, after user feedback that the old version broke some apps.

I would use the current W10 preset as Taosd recommends.

These settings did not work for me at all, and even crashed my system during the Win 11 installation. Maybe because I don't have a Premium membership? who knows..

These settings did not work for me at all, and even crashed my system during the Win 11 installation. Maybe because I don't have a Premium membership? who knows..
Honestly you get so much for Ntlite in paying for it. I am super glad I did and renewed my membership as well. I could never go back to vanilla windows once I had a taste of this

How does this stripped version of windows compare to LTSC for strictly gaming. Is there an advantage of one over the other? Which has the lower process count?

Also is it still even possible to buy an LTSC license?

Last edited:
LTSC (or LTSB) is an Enterprise edition targeted for large organizations, minimizes non-consumer features, and commits to avoiding feature updates. It's for enterprises or embedded systems that don't want Windows changing greatly over several years of use.

Why do gamers claim LTSC is better? It's not a real gaming platform, but just ships with less "junk" than Home or Pro. You can strip Home or Pro to closer match LTSC in performance. But LTSC is also missing key features like Store app support, which must be added.

LTSC can only be purchased as a volume license, from a MS reseller or VAR. Almost everyone out there is using unlicensed copies.

Since most users have figured how to strip Pro to get similar results, there's no real advantage. And some games don't run on LTSC.

Windows LTSC is more aimed at business and the medical sector so the updates are not as common as others versions of windows.

As you do not specify which windows version you are enquiring about........ 10 is very similar to 11 so this document to give you a rough idea....

• The Microsoft LTSC, or Long-Term Servicing Channel, is a branch of Microsoft products (including Windows 10, Windows Server, and Office) designed for static systems which cannot, or will not, be updated for years at a time.
  • LTSC is another option for businesses compared to SAC, or Semi-Annual Channel, which is the version of Windows products most of us are familiar with.
  • LTSC versions of Microsoft software are updated every three years, rather than every six months, and so are only recommended for very specific business setups.
The presets here are made by users to debloat regular windows iso's.

Also, as LTSC keys are business aimed, they are far more expensive than a regular windows key

as Garlin has stated. more are using debloated windows as it is cheaper, and also some features that are needed for gamers are not available in LTSC

I guess what I am getting is if price aside my goal is not so much a gamer-os but a dedicated game os what what would be the lighter option?

For my particular use case I only will only use Steam, Halo Infinite and Discord. As for hardware I use a controller, a usb mic and a FiiO dac for audio.

If other games or things do not work that is pretty much irrelevant to me as nothing else will be installed on this OS.

hello i am a new ntlite user and i made a image with gamerOS and the optimized image guide, everything is great so far, but i seen a video that said cumulative updates are important to keeping your windows secure? I tried every chocolatey package for updating windows and also tried some githubs but nothing seemed to work. i was reading around that NTlite can pull the updates for me? When opening ntlite app/files/check for updates- it shows a host option with a update windows 10 button greyed out and it shows what update i have, is this how i get the latest updates? or do i load my current windows 10 image add the updates in the updates tab and process the image? is it gonna corrupt my current image?

Every month, Windows gets a new cumulative update (CU). Generally you want the latest updates for security and bug fixes. Some people decide to block updates because they don't want changes to their "perfect setup". It's really your decision. If you do update after installs, be aware you will need to re-uninstall components which updates restore on their own.

Chocolatey and GitHub scripts don't update Windows. Windows Update (WU) does, or you can have NTLite do the same task.

GamerOS preset makes a decision to disable WU, which you can follow or decide to restore it in your own private version. Open up the preset XML in Notepad, scroll down and remove the line for "<c>windowsupdate 'Windows Update'</c>". Now make a new ISO.

For those who wants to enable snip screen [Windows+Shift+S]. Once you uploaded the Preset. Make sure you Enable the following:
Components:
+ Snipping Tool
+ Snip & Sketch
+ Capture Picker
Features > Features On Demand:
+ Windows Feature Experience Pack

Ok, a question as I am new here and haven't really looked into 'gaming specific' builds since I generally Server LTSC versions (2019/2022) for desktop) since my priorities are 1) work and 2) gaming (in whatever spare time I have after #1) and look for stability/long life as most important.

The question I have, is looking through the presets in OP it appears a lot of this is related more to 'bloat' or disk space saving than anything. Has anyone actually run a comparison as to FPS or just general PC benchmarks of the preset against a base image? Or to quantify the effects?

a generic fps and benchmark is difficult to do regarding one preset as users computers differ in builds. The preset is universal, but the hardware is the difference. so in regard of the question. no because it is impossible

Yes I understand comparing against other machines would be too many variables. I was wondering if the OP or if anyone else tested these presets on the SAME hardware (basically, load a default image, run tests; reload with a modified image; run tests; compare results). Ideally changing one tweak at a time to see what each tweak's effects are.

Otherwise, at least to me, this seems more of a random exercise without knowing what items have what effect some could be beneficial, null, or detrimental.

Back