Can't boot up my new Windows 7 preset with USB 3.0 drivers

crypticus

Hi i can't boot my windows 7 during virtual machine test, it dives into boot loop before asking for username

the thing i do suspicious are;
1) integrating ALL of the updates ( even the ones ntlite unchecks by default -telemetry etc )
2) integrating usb 3.0&3.1 drivers from intel and amd ( this is possibly the reason but WHY and WHICH ONE? )

preset and usb drivers are attached. thanks for any idea or thanks if you can pin point the drivers because i couldn't.

PS: These drivers were working before. i was able to integrate them to iso via ntlite and use that iso.

Preset is attached
Drivers are here: https://gofile.io/?c=eQPcMy

Dumb question but you did add the usb3 drivers into boot.wim - Microsoft Windows Setup?
There are usually 3 amd usb drivers that get installed from their installer, Host, Hub and Filter. Filter isnt always needed, i used to add Host and Hub only. Make sure they are 64bit. I think ultraform had a driver issue because he was adding 32bit drivers into a 64bit image.

Dumb question but you did add the usb3 drivers into boot.wim - Microsoft Windows Setup?
There are usually 3 amd usb drivers that get installed from their installer, Host, Hub and Filter. Filter isnt always needed, i used to add Host and Hub only. Make sure they are 64bit. I think ultraform had a driver issue because he was adding 32bit drivers into a 64bit image.

NO to all.

first of all i insert them to install.wim via ntlite. not to boot.wim
secondly ntlite filters out wrong architecture and doesn't add them

problem is with one of the drivers clearly ntlite or windows doesnt support it. clearly i have to figure it out myself.

I dont have a clue, here are some thoughts though.
To install w7 from a usb3 or 3.1 port you will need to integrate usb3/3.1 drivers into the boot.wim. W8.1 and 10 have native usb3/3.1 support.
You can install w7 on amd chipsets Axx for any socket up to FM2+ and 900 series chipsets for any socket up to AM3+. I doubt you will install w7 on any AM4 chipset and you certainly wont for the 2 Raven Ridge apus due to an ACPI issue. Read around any forum.

I couldnt install w7 on 8th generation socket 1151 B360/i3 8300 and i did try, only 8.1 and 10 work because they have native ms drivers in the wims.

I dont have a clue, here are some thoughts though.
To install w7 from a usb3 or 3.1 port you will need to integrate usb3/3.1 drivers into the boot.wim. W8.1 and 10 have native usb3/3.1 support.
You can install w7 on amd chipsets Axx for any socket up to FM2+ and 900 series chipsets for any socket up to AM3+. I doubt you will install w7 on any AM4 chipset and you certainly wont for the 2 Raven Ridge apus due to an ACPI issue. Read around any forum.

I couldnt install w7 on 8th generation socket 1151 B360/i3 8300 and i did try, only 8.1 and 10 work because they have native ms drivers in the wims.

from what i learned i have to integrate drivers to both install.wim and boot.wim right? because it says like that in here https://www.win-raid.com/t750f25-Guide-Integration-of-drivers-into-a-Win-image.html

+ i integrated them all to iso again without windows updates. and there was no bug. so windows update integration was creating problem for me.

from what i learned i have to integrate drivers to both install.wim and boot.wim right?

Into the boot wim if you have to install from a usb3/3.1 port, ie you only have 2 usb2 ports on the i/o back plate and they have the keyboard and mouse and there are only usb3 ports availible.

Into the boot wim if you have to install from a usb3/3.1 port, ie you only have 2 usb2 ports on the i/o back plate and they have the keyboard and mouse and there are only usb3 ports availible.

first i will have to figure out how to solve the freakin bug. which is happening if you integrate updates.

if 1 or 2 driver is creating this problem then i will not add them.. so i will have to test it with different combinations..

after that i will integrate them to boot.wim too

Find the update bug/issue 1st. Might be a bad update or corrupted. Extract them all with 7zip, you can do multiple at once, see if 7zip complains of any file corruption. It could be something new nuhi hasnt seen yet. Mqanually install each one, takes a while but you can soon find the bad one, could be one that "is not applicable to this computer", can happen sometimes if updates are not installed in a certain order.

Last edited:
Find the update bug/issue 1st. Might be a bad update or corrupted. Extract them all with 7zip, you can do multiple at once, see if 7zip complains of any file corruption. It could be something new nuhi hasnt seen yet. Mqanually install each one, takes a while but you can soon find the bad one, could be one that "is not applicable to this computer", can happen sometimes if updates are not installed in a certain order.

i don't think any of it is corrupted. i think entire update conflicts with something. so i rather delete driver than update itself...

i integrate these drivers;
AMD 3.1
AMD H-Series
AMD Zeppelin Ryzen CPU
Intel v1
Intel v2

if problem is at hseries or zeppelin. i can delete them because i don't really care about them

Check the updates anyway. The amd drivers wouldnt be installed in a vm, only on amd hardware so it isnt them. Could be intel, if the vm uses some intel things, possible. I dont use a vm that much so i dont know. Could be a vm issue, tell us what VM it is, Virtual Box etc and version number, just incase.

The only other thing the update issue could be, i doubt it would happen in a vm, its a real long shot is that ms is blocking updates on certain hardware,
read this post. I doubt it being a vm but you never know.

it is virtualbox but i don't think it is wm issue too.. i'm sure it is about windowsupdates... its gonna be hard process to find out which update or driver. but i'm gonna find it.

it is intel drivers... should i only integrate to boot.wim ?

idk if it will give error or not too but...

nuhi i figured it out that this error is not about drivers. if you integrate all the updates. windows doesn't boot up. boot loops before asking username.

so we cant integrate all updates to win7 can u fix it?

ege914 just the man i was looking for. You asked a question elsewhere, "does anyone know how do we edit Date of install.wim file's editions shown on boot setup?"

Here is your answer. As soon as i saw your question i knew it had been asked here but i didnt remember where until i found it here. :)

Last edited:
ege914 just the man i was looking for. You asked a question elsewhere, "does anyone know how do we edit Date of install.wim file's editions shown on boot setup?"

Here is your answer. As soon as i saw your question i knew it had been asked here but i didnt remember where until i found it here. :)

u are great thanks. btw do you know anything about this -->

i create aio iso which contains x86 and x64 editions of windows 10 pro,home,ltsc

the problem is to create aio with both architecture, you need to use boot files from x86 build.. and when i do that. x86 part of the iso reads unattended.xml and sets everything by its own... but x64 part fails to set anything and ask for every single setting :/

i enabled dual architecture, and i tried copying to both boot.wim and install.wim

Last edited:
Back