Search results

1. P

USB-C Power Delivery

Or the machine in question can be incompatible, like Dell G Series. It supports everything EXCEPT power delivery though USB-C (With good reason, mind you, there is no USB-C PD capabilities to deliver the 240W the RTX variants need to work properly), so the protocol is disabled within hardware...
  2. P

DCH Drivers, Graphics Control Panel and NTLite dilemma

ok, I managed to find a dell thunderbolt package which comes with the preinstall license to the uwp App. Like with realtek app, with the license you can add it to an install script, as long as said script runs after the first boot (I personally suggest a registry file to add a runonce script as...
  3. P

A Graphical interface for UWP Drivers, bypassing the apps themselves?? Now THAT is a magnificent idea! Windows would be a LOT better if this UWP crap was exterminated.
  4. P

Hmm, I've done that just yesterday, and it still works. How I do it: 1 - Prep ISO with NTLITE, updates, driver integration (non-DCH), Unnattended (DCH drivers go here), tweaks everything. 2 - Boot PC from the USB drive, go get some coffee while it does it's thing. 3 - After it has booted to...
  5. P

after starting connected to the internet for the first time, no connection with the internet is needed for further use. They have been working on my PC for about a month and a half, and I plan to reinstall my brother's computer soon, and will report if it still works or not.
  6. P

The issues with Linux start with the Kernel. Nevermind the whole deep ingrained issues with graphics, the main problem though, is the all encompassing mentality that if it is not free, then it should not be a focus of linux to make it work, and in some cases it should not be allowed to work. I...
  7. P

Worst of all is that the so called 'optimus' is but an illusion in this current generation tech, as in all tasks but HEVC encoding (which is crappy at best of cases when done via hardware) NVidia chip beats intel even in power efficiency as it can finish the runs and thus save power by idling...
  8. P

Lucky you! As a notebook user, I can't 'be done with DCH drivers' and since I spend weekdays in one place and weekends on another, I can't also ditch the note for a desktop.
  9. P

So, for everyone still following this, I've managed to get some progress on installing this as painless as possible. It is not perfect, sadly, but there are times we need the UWP drivers for one or another reason so there is that. This was tested on Intel Graphics Control Panel (Classic), Intel...
  10. P

Language pack downloads - Windows 10/8.1/7

I've never got any errors from the lack of ESD as well, but if I omit either of the five NTLite gives me an error and doesn't integrate the language.
  11. P

Yes, you should create the folder. And no, the .Cat file isn't needed. The only files needed (Usually) are Basic, Handwriting, OCR, Speechrecognition and Texttospeech. A few also have ExtraFonts or somesuch, but none I used so far. Either way, no CAB or ESD files.
  12. P

well, for instance, mine are for LTSC, 64 bits, which is 'build' 1809, and my NTLite is installed to default directory, so they ended up in C:\Program Files\NTLite\Updates\10.0.1809.x64.FOD folder. if it was the current windows it'd be 1909 instead of 1809 in there. Simple as that.
  13. P

I wouldn't call it business, but the word I'd use it is not appropriate for sensible ears so lets go with that.
  14. P

not talking about graphics, I was talking about Thunderbolt Control Panel, sorry if that wasn't clear. Adding PowerShell -NoLogo -NoProfile -NonInteractive -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass Add-AppxPackage E:\Apps\*NET*.appx PowerShell -NoLogo -NoProfile -NonInteractive -InputFormat...
  15. P

Ok, good news is that the Realtek Audio Console and Killer Control Panel apps can be installed with a minimum of dependencies, fully offline once downloaded with this command line PowerShell -NoLogo -NoProfile -NonInteractive -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass Add-AppxPackage...
  16. P

And then it makes the link a german one?! ...I'd ask about the logic in that, but eh, not like they work by logic anyways...
  17. P

Then you're out of luck? you can try and download the 'app' offline, but chances are it'll force close. You'll need this package: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-add-store-to-windows-10-enterprises-sku-ltsb-ltsc.70741/page-30#post-1468779 And the app. You can download it from...
  18. P

if you installed DCH, next is the control pa- Intel Graphics Experience App
  19. P

Damn. Not sure if this works but it is worth a try: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=977fv&lwp=rt It is like the 'one graphics to rule it all' if a little older than 6951.
  20. P

whats your Hardware ID, if you don't mind sharing. I think I have one for UHD630 in my HDD, but not sure of the link and there are variations of 'UHD630' with more and less cores, so different HWIDs. As far as my searches in dell go, .6951 is the latest non-dch 'generic' 6-9th gen driver. All...