Search results

1. P

Detected unsupported Windows Version (while trying to dnld Updates)

Fixed. (But the ppkg problem persists at my end.)
  2. P

Yeah, I noticed that the version number stayed the same. Is this intentional? (Will plan to dnld and test latest version tonight and report back. Tnx.)
  3. P

Am running NTLite 2.1.2.8047 on a friend's Acer Laptop. After Activating NTLite for the latest features, I tried downloading Updates. While Updates has worked in the past on this laptop, it did not work today. The message presented by NTLite was: "Detected unsupported Windows Version." There...
  4. P

NTLite reports "Unreadable or unsupported file: C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg"

This problem still persists for me. (Even tho I see something about it being fixed in an earlier release of NTLite. (A regression error.)) I updated to NTLite 2.1.2.8047. I even Activated it. When I load the Live Windows image, I still get "Unreadable or unsupported c:/ ... /usmt.ppkg. Is...
  5. P

NTLite reports "Unreadable or unsupported file: C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg"

For what it's worth, the Win10 Laptop updates itself via Microsoft's automatic (forced) updates. Whereas my Dell Desktop is frozen at a nearly vanilla version of Win10. (That is, no CU's on my Dell Desktop.)
  6. P

Okay I installed .7917 on my Dell Desktop. As with updating NTLite on my friend's Laptop, I did not re-Activate NTLite. In this instance (my desktop), NTLite does NOT report an "Unreadable or unsupported file: C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg" So, this appears to be a two variable problem...
  7. P

I tried .7917. No change. Still getting this report. I'll plan to try .7917 on my desktop later today to see if I get the same behavior from NTLite.
  8. P

Oops. I spoke too soon (regarding the striked-out text, below). This problem is following NTLite. Well, apparently not an NTLite problem, per se. First, one reason that I couldn't see the Recovery directory was because I had set the visibility of System Files to Hidden on my friend's laptop...
  9. P

I just re-ran NTLite on a friend's Win10 Laptop (Acer brand) to remove reinstalls after a recent (forced) Win10 CU. I had installed - and activated - NTLite on this laptop in March. When I ran NTLite today (May 11), I got a notice that there was a newer version of NTLite. Would I like to...
  10. P

Some questions

Or maybe it's because, when I install Windows, I don't have an Internet connection? And so MS can't create an online account for me from which to snoop?
  11. P

Some questions

Apparently I did something right with NTLite. 'Cause no streams here.
  12. P

Some questions

I've never heard of "streams" before. So I went to Sordum's website to learn about Streams Remover. He says that all files on an NTFS volume have a stream attribute. But I looked at files in my download folder (which I download to another partition - not the standard Windows' "download"...
  13. P

How To - NTLite Download Updates Feature

I just ran NTLIte v 2.1.0.7820 on my Win10 Home, just to see if I needed to do anything to my Win10. When checking for updates, I noticed that a KB is labeled as a "Servicing Stack Update (Legacy). See text underlined in blue in the screen shot. I'm wondering what the importance of the...
  14. P

Bug: RunOnce Autoruns Set By NTLite Fail to Execute and Never Disappear

I remember seeing something similar years ago when running NTLite. (I reported it in the forum somewhere.) I would see a stuck "RunOnce" in either AutoRuns or CCleaner. For a while after that, I used to only run NTLite from Admin - and then reboot into Admin immediately after, in case it was a...
  15. P

Integration drivers

There is a product (well, as much as 'software' is a product) in the works that might be able to restore slow SSD's. Here is a (free) precursor to it. Some people say that just running the ReadSpeed benchmark wakes up their SSD's garbage collector and restores some performance. (Note: At this...
  16. P

News

I can't tell from the write-up. Is this the same as saying that the Host Refresh will allow keeping Personal Files & Apps?
  17. P

Add an option to compare NTlite presets,

If I may speak for KaptanJackSparrow , I think what he would like is to be able to call up an XML, have it compare to another XML, and then have the changes display in an NTLite-like GUI, showing the NTLite descriptions (with the notes at the bottom) of what components changed.
  18. P

Request: Please don't restart explorer.exe when trying to unmount with in-use resources

Explorer repeatably closes on me whenever I run Remove Reinstalls (as one example). It happens when "Removing Defender" is showing in small text at the bottom left of the NTLite window.
  19. P

Keep WMASF.DLL and WMVCORE.DLL when removing Windows Media Player

Okay, more news. First, removing everything (but with the four files above protected) prevents my version of WMC from seeing my tuner. So although WMC opens, it cannot show live TV. (I didn't think to check if it could play back recorded TV. Sorry.) So I restored my previous image of Win10 and...
  20. P

Keep WMASF.DLL and WMVCORE.DLL when removing Windows Media Player

I am pleased to report that I removed Windows Media Player using NTLite Live. (At least, I think I did. See below) Windows Media Center still works. (The WMC "hack" for Win10 from the guys at MyDigitalLife.) I noticed that nuhi had a sub-component for codecs necessary for Windows Media Codec...