Search results

1. A

Super Lite NT10 OS

Although scripts are useful people are more interested in presets, registry files, post-setup commands as they can be used with NTLite. After all this is a forum about NTLite. But neither the scripts you want to share so I don't see the point of the existence of this topic.
  2. A

When removing "OneCore UAP Common Proxy Stub - 32 bit" programs cannot open links in default web browser

NTLite only allows you to remove the 32-bit part of OneCore UAP. The 64-bit part isn't even shown probably because it should cause problems. So I thought that this component was related to 32-bit programs.
  3. A

Bugs and Annoyance

If you remove the Component Store and Windows Update then NTLite will not show the warning that deep removal mode is enabled but it is. Other than that, I don't understand what difficulty you're having to enable deep removal. https://www.ntlite.com/changelog-2020/ But I agree that this could...
  4. A

delete Pre installed app on Windows 10 Lite

Clanger It seems that for most what matters is having a smaller ISO/install.wim file than others, as if this were a competition. I also don't understand why hiding what was done, as if it were the greatest feat in the world. Any user here on the forum is capable of doing a better job :) and...
  5. A

When removing "OneCore UAP Common Proxy Stub - 32 bit" programs cannot open links in default web browser

I think that's the point, a change in the component description I think solves the "issue". One thing I didn't mention is that the problem probably only occurs in 32-bit programs. uTorrent so far is only 32bit (I use qBittorrent anyway) and Greenshot is 64bit but its installer is 32bit.
  6. A

News and Chat

Enterprise edition does not force create a Microsoft account, only Home edition. And now from build 22616, Pro edition as well.
  7. A

delete Pre installed app on Windows 10 Lite

If you remove Search app (which greatly reduces resource usage) then you need to use StartisBack or OpenShell which are much more efficient to have search in start menu. So I don't think these apps are "crap". The rest, yes, I think it's unnecessary to include in the ISO. I fully agree. Since...
  8. A

News and Chat

Yes I will download an ISO :)
  9. A

News and Chat

Are you saying that if there is no internet connection then it is possible to create a local account? With Windows 10 if you don't have internet you are taken straight to the screen to create a local account, I don't know what exactly changed with Windows 11.
  10. A

News and Chat

I will test 22H2 when NTLite supports it and is more or less stable. I hope that being a 1 year release after the first one it will be more or less decent as it was version 1607 of Windows 10 which until today I consider the best version of Windows 10. But for me Windows 11 doesn't have...
  11. A

News and Chat

Microsoft may have confirmed build 22621 is Windows 11 22H2 (SV2) RTM release https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-may-have-confirmed-build-22621-is-windows-11-22h2-sv2-rtm-release/ Official beta ISOs are available. In MDL there is also evidence that this build is the final build for 22H2.
  12. A

News and Chat

Probably yes, I didn't know about this tweak. Thanks. I don't know anything about Windows 11 :p This probably applies more so to computers that come with Windows 11 (comes with all drivers installed). If you install Win11 on your own then it is assumed that you are a technician and should know...
  13. A

News and Chat

Windows 11 22H2 forces more users to have a Microsoft account for installation "Windows 11 22H2 apparently removes the option to set up the device with a local account even when your installation edition is Windows 11 Pro." "In Build 22616, Windows 10 Pro installations are forcing the setup of...
  14. A

Super Lite NT10 OS

It's been a while since I've tested O&O ShutUp10 but it is worth saying that if the tweaks used by NTLite are not exactly the same as those used by ShutUp10 the app will show as "Enabled" or something similar even though the "feature" is disabled. Sometimes NTLite disables the setting but...
  15. A

Super Lite NT10 OS

I think removing 'Telemetry Client' and disabling some settings in NTLite is pretty good. Removing telemetry client NTLite not only removes the component but applies some reg tweaks, removes scheduled tasks and related services. I don't use any other 3rd party apps as I didn't see the need. Of...
  16. A

Super Lite NT10 OS

I don't care too much about telemetry either, people use android phone with default settings sending location history to Google for example but they care about telemetry. Microsoft is more transparent about telemetry than Google, they have a page documenting everything and showing you how to...
  17. A

Super Lite NT10 OS

I think you would need to know in advance what she uses on a daily basis and try to make a preset that suits her use more. It's hard to make a universal preset that fits all things. If you make the lite image too universal you end up restoring almost all of the bloat :p I unfortunately don't...
  18. A

Removing WMP: Components vs. Features

I'm another one that removes Windows Media Player and installs StartisBack using SetupComplete.cmd with no issues. But I keep these files: https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/keep-wmasf-dll-and-wmvcore-dll-when-removing-windows-media-player.1937/ I think you have to detail every...
  19. A

[solved] Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 and 2022 freezing with splash screen

Clanger I've tested all these programs and some need the 2 files others don't, and I can't remember which one needs the 2. I have to move on to documenting my tests :p