Search results

1. B

NTLITE new tool 8775 crashed to desktop

8777 did not crash to desktop. I have included the log files. So far so good.
  2. B

NTLITE new tool 8775 crashed to desktop

I tried the new tool 8775 today and partially through removing components it crashed to the desktop. I included the log files for both 8775 and 8714. Note no issues with 8714. When the tool crashed it was removing 3d viewer. Hope info helps
  3. B

gpsvc failed to login

This is something new. Saw this error when doing a fresh install today. Included my preset. All I did was rebooted. And I logged in. Periodically I see this error.
  4. B

Disable value banner in Windows Settings header

Thank-you for the great info. I normally don't install preview builds. But I wasn't comfortable with the last update. My computer did crash I couple of times. So I roll back my realtek audio driver to the previous version. I kept everything else the same. Looks good so far. So If I...
  5. B

Disable value banner in Windows Settings header

Is there a way to disable the value banner that shows in the windows settings. Unfortunately it show its ugly head again. Before I use Mach2 which you can download from the internet and the following command lines I have been using. mach2.exe disable 18299130 mach2.exe disable 31950543
  6. B

Servicing Stack (DISM) System Reset for Windows

Thank-you for your reply.
  7. B

Servicing Stack (DISM) System Reset for Windows

Not sure what this options does. It appears that it does not influence DISM /online /image-cleanup /startcomponentcleanup in cleaning the WINSXS folder. Nuhi could you please explain this option. Thank-you
  8. B

The old F8 magic

I use this command line option if I need to enter safe mode. bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes The above command will give you the option to press F8 to enter advance boot options. The command below puts it back to default. bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no
  9. B

Servicing Stack DISM

Perhaps I should ask the question this way: The following options are checked; System Reset for Windows Windows update (+Feature Setup) Under settings DISM resetbase functionality disabled; Are these two settings related.
  10. B

NTdelay09 leftovers

As the gentleman asks, here is the preset.
  11. B

NTdelay09 leftovers

Well, what you see is entries created by NTlite. Nothing was created by myself. What you see was after a host refresh, no software was installed!!
  12. B

NTdelay09 leftovers

Looks like the commands were not executed?
  13. B

Servicing Stack DISM

The following options are checked; System Reset for Windows Windows update (+Feature Setup) Under settings DISM resetbase functionality disabled; When I decide to clean the winsxs folder to remove obsolete entries: First I run the following command {Cmd mode; Admin} cleanmgr sageset:50 I...
  14. B

Number of NTLite Activations left decreased

Brain fart, forgot about importing and exporting NTlite license. Thank-you for the reminder.
  15. B

Number of NTLite Activations left decreased

Side effect when I did a fresh install of windows 10 with windows store correctly implemented I had to reactivate NTlite. Not sure it was the result of using the Nvidia DCH driver. But the number of re-activations left is now TWO. I do plan to do another fresh install when 21H2 is released...
  16. B

Identifying lock or compatibility components

I haven't had time to play with it much yet. But color coding is the way to go, just need to get used to it.
  17. B

Since I am an Engineer, color coding was always easier to distinguish differences in objects.
  18. B

In the meantime I wonder what do you mean shade of grey is difficult to see. Is it about the locked (compatibility) components, or about semi-checked (kept) parents? The locked/compatibility-enabled components cannot be unchecked anyway, no need to worry about them. May not need to worry about...
  19. B

NVIDIA DCH Drivers

Well. I did a fresh install with the changes for windows store. Excellent, everything behaved as it should. Again a big shout out to everyone who replied to this thread.
  20. B

The check-marks used to indicate what you pick or do not pick in component removal are at times very difficult to see. A light shade a grey makes this difficult to see. May I suggest different color check marks. Red for Locked Components, orange for compatibility features for example.