powershell

1. C

Pin and Unpin from Quick Access using PowerShell

I am curious if anyone has had any luck unpinning items from Quick Access using PowerShell? I found the following NTLite post and have been trying to figure out the proper code to UNPIN items. SOLVED - AutomaticDestinations Edits For Quick Access I don't seem to have an issue pinning using...
  2. C

Components Question (System Apps)

Hello! What is the difference between dism and dism + custom if you remove components? And how does NTLite recognize appxs, including system appxs? I mean appxs, which are in the MountDir:\Windows\SystemApps. Is there a powershell commandlet to recognize all system appxs, including those in...
  3. O

Some UWP Programs not working

I made a custom ISO with NTLite, using the GamerOS.xml file, pretty much not touching anything besides adding back the Spanish QWERTY layout, and I've noticed Intel Graphics command center not loading, but the Nvidia Control Panel working flawlessly. I've tried every average solution for the...
  4. Hammer of the Gods

Post-install winget not working

Having trouble getting some PowerShell scripts used for installing programs to execute during post-install. If I run them on the desktop manually after setup they work fine, but they appear to not work properly when I put the .ps1 files in post install. Set execution policy for LocalMachine to...
  5. U

Win11 Post-Setup run PS command Remove-AppPackage (Cortana)

Hello, I want to run the following command on first user logon: This command will remove Cortana App from Startmenu. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to do so. I tried several Post-Setup settings: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppPackage powershell...
  6. M

Change folder redirection (This PC) on Windows 11 Pro and Group Policy editor issue (asks for 32/64 bit)

I'm almost done with my fully automated Windows installation (> 50 applications automatically silently installed and configured), but there are a few (hopefully) final things I need to fix. Any idea how I can change the following programmatically? From what I have read it is called "folder...
  7. T

[W7] Installing Windows Management Framework 3 or Newer Without Windows Update Component

I am in a predicament where I am trying to trim down a Windows 7 image, partially by removing Windows Update. The problem arises that one of the critical applications I need requires TLS 1.2 via PowerShell 3 (or newer) and .NET 4.5 (or newer). Windows 7 comes with PowerShell 2 by default, and...
  8. T

[Possible?] Remove .NET Frameworks -> install .NET 4.7.2 (Post-Setup) -> Retain PowerShell

nuhi I'm wondering if it's possible to remove .NET Frameworks from Windows 7 but still retain PowerShell if I plan to install .NET Framework 4.7.2 during the post-setup process and force the OS to use latest CLI? Ultimately, what would be really nice is to retain PowerShell without all of the...
Back