windows 10

1. O

Laptop's HDD completely missing in Windows 10

I have a Laptop with an internal SSD and HDD, and the later is completely missing, by trial and error I have concluded that a customized GamerOS Preset might be the cause so I'm posting here to see if anyone know any solution. Before you tell me to try one of various easy and common solutions...
  2. R

Disabling Windows Setup from asking about Cortana

Where in "Unatttended" controls my asking about setting up Cortana in a Windows 10 media, if any?
  3. P

Windows didnt ask for product key?

Hey, today I made my first ntlite install with the free Version. I used some registry tweaks that I found in this forum and disabled couple of features/services. When I install Windows Home, I noticed it didn't ask me for my product key during the Installation setup. Im wondering if this is...
  4. J

Modified Win 10 ISO (ggOS) not working on VM

I'm new to this kind of thing and installed an already modified windows 10 version called ggOS to a virtualbox vm, when I finished the classic windows 10 set up (Setting up the local account etx) a blue screen appeared with the error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR". Are there any settings I need to...
  5. H

Post-Setup CMD commands not working

Hello. I am a new user of NTLite and I am trying to build my own Windows 10 ISO. Everything works quite fine right now except for one thing. I am trying to start some commands in the post-setup to automatically login in my WiFi. I followed the following Thread which explains the process but...
  6. T

Windows - Hostname and Computer Description

Hello! I've been tryng to automate the Hostname and Computer Description but withtout success, can someone help me with this?
  7. S

Auto disk partition to install Windows 10

Auto hard disk partition happening as expected but getting error while installing windows. Kindly help to get this resolved. Mod note: Removed user passwords from autounattend.xml
  8. B

I cannot get OEM Auto Activation working on Win 10 Pro 22H2

I set up a custom image for windows 10 pro 21H2 and everything was working perfectly. I decided to try creating a new image for 22H2 so I don't have to install so many updates after imaging, but I can't get the oem auto activation to work. I feel like I've tried everything, I've tried putting...
  9. C

Windows 10 Missing Sleep Button

Hey guys, I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't for the life of me figure out what in my preset is causing the sleep button to be missing from the start menu. I've attached my preset to this post; any help is much appreciated! Note that I haven't modified services or policies at...
  10. W

Laptop overheating, not sleeping (Windows 10 Pro work / workplace setup)

I've recently started a new job and am in charge of my own system administration. This workplace requires Office 365 (Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.) and enterprise software. In addition, I'm going to be using Hyper-V, VSCode, WSL, and other development tools. I bought a refurbished Dell...
  11. Sinical

How do I set image compression to Recovery?

I've forced NTLite to use DISM.exe and want to create an image that uses Recovery/LZMS compression, but still is in the WIM format, not ESD In the Settings.xml file the default settings is <WimCompression>2</WimCompression> which I assume translates to "DISM /Compress:max" with 1 representing...
  12. N

I removed Hyper-V. Any good way to get it back in my live install?

Hi. I removed hyper-v from the iso I used to install my windows 10. Issue is that I did not realize that Docker depended on hyper-v. so now I need it back. Any good ways to get it back? I vaguely remember that I may be able to point DISM to a folder with a vanilla windows image and install it...
  13. A

Office 2019 Pro will not install

Hello all, i am currently trying to get office 2019 installed in post setup. I made myself a custom config.xml and downloaded the office files and put them in "%windir%\Setup\Scripts\Office 2019 Download". In my config I have specified the path. In my Files folder is my Config.xml and the...
  14. Sweden10

I seek advice on suitable W10 22H2 ISO

Hello, I seek an advice. Is "Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_en-us_19045.1826" a suitable iso/version to have as a base when working with NTLite? Thanx in advance Sweden10 (Licensed user)
  15. Sinical

Does using no WIM/ESD compression perform any differently after installation?

Does it perform any better or is it less common to return errors or bug out? I know it might sound like a dumb question but I guess I'm paranoid a little and I also really like to squeeze the most out of my hardware. And I definitely don't mind sacrificing a few extra GB for my OS to do it...
  16. M

Steps for making Up-to-Date Windows 10/11 ISO file

I wanted to integrate --> (A) Cumulative updates (B) Cumulative updates for .NET Framework Updates (A) & (B) to image file of Windows OS. (C) Security Intelligence update and (D) Anti- malware platform update Finally (C) & (D) to MS Defender Antivirus!! Anyone knows step by step procedure...
  17. W

How to keep Windows Defender (Atlas OS preset)

What do I need to keep on in NTLite so default windows defender would work? For some reason it says "No active antivirus provider" even though I kept "Windows Security" and all that comes with it selected in NTLite (Checked registry and windows defender isn't disabled there too). Windows 10 Pro...
  18. C

How can I solve the problem offline servicing in Windows 10

LTSC 1809 preset v5 17763.2114 20220406.xml. Mod note: Preset copied over from deleted thread. Sorry for the date ordering.
  19. SM03

MS teams ad banner in OneDrive desktop client

Does anyone know any way/workaround (reg or group policy tweak) to block this MS team ads in the OD client? I fed up closing this thing again & again, such a high nagging advertisement.
  20. SM03

Few Suggestions For Windows 10 Settings

Hi nuhi I have a few suggestions to share for future NTL builds for W10 1. Choose where to get/install Apps Reg Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\SmartScreen 2. Automatically Process Video to Enhance it Reg Tweak for this...
Back