2004 to 20H2

tkwou

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have used NLite in the past. I started using NLite again with 1909. After customizing the image to my preferred deployment settings with extra drivers etc, everything was fine until 2004 was released. In my previous use of Nlite, service pack updates were still available and I could just slipstream the service pack into my existing installation package. When 2004 was introduced I could only download the new iso, so I just started from scratch and re-integrated all my extra drivers and special settings and carried on. Now 20H2 has been released and I have to start all over again. Clearly there must be an easier way to do this that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome, you can "upgrade" to 20H2 from your 2004 NTLited image with the 20H2 Enablement Package including the new MS EDGE instead of downloading the full 20H2 and start over as both versions share the same updates.
In the Updates section of NTLite you can choose Latest online updates and it should be avaible as KB4562830 for the 2004 image.
If you use the option to shrink your image further after integrating updates with DISM (Compatible) like /StartComponentCleanup - do that first before integrating KB4562830 coz' it's a Pending Update and can't be cleaned before after install if you like to have a minimum install image footprint.

Last edited:
Thank you francis11. In the Updates section, in my list of existing packages I have KB4562830 but it listed as integrated (Install Pending). How do I actually get it to install?

Last edited:
Every integrated updated will be listed as Install pending until you install Windows. If you want to have it in Installed status, you need install Windows, needed updates, perform Sysprep and capture image, after that you can load image using NTLite and every package will be listed as Installed.

The easy way is save preset that you used before, download 20H2, load old preset with your setting and install Windows.

Last edited:
Capturing an image is easy, i can do it. i use GImageX. gimagex(auto or user choice) sets the edition flag, dism doesnt if i remember abbodi86 correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks. So if my existing NLited 2004 image has the KB4562830 package integrated in the image, when Windows get installed it will automatically come out as version 20H2.

Back