32-bit components removal questions

n8ndx

Hello everyone, I am now struggling to remove the 32-bit components of the win10 64-bit system. The component names are as follows:
--------------
PowerShell
Font Viewer
Device Flow
Taskscheduler
Access Control List
Regedit
File Picker UI Host
File Revocation Manager
HTML Viewer
MMC
Explorer
Taskmgr
CTFMON
Service Stack
Kerberos
------------------
What can be removed and why? Is there any abnormality after you remove it? Please let me know, thanks:)!

You can remove 32-bit system apps on a 64-bit system, and Windows will run normally.

What breaks, is any non-Windows apps which are written to expect the missing 32-bit libraries. The only way to find out is to make a new image, and try it against all your installed programs.

File Picker UI Host, HTML Viewer, Explorer, CTFMON and Kerberos are more likely to cause compatibility issues with removal.

So the suggestion is to not remove any 32bit components?
Ok, I have another question to ask. In localization -> language, I deleted the redundant language, but kept all the keyboard layouts. Will this affect the input method input? For example, I removed the Russian language, but can I still use the input method to input Russian normally? Also, if you visit websites, apps, games, etc. in these removed languages, will their text become garbled? Please let me know, thanks!

My suggestion is keeping those 32-bit components, for best compatibility. I have no idea what apps you're running, but if you search this forum we have random stories of commercial software (Adobe, FPS games, etc.) that don't work when a 32-bit component is removed.

To support display languages:
- basic Western or Asian fonts

To support keyboard input:
- keyboard layout
- language
- IME (Asian languages only)

I see, I just tested it, and I can still use the input method to write text normally after deleting the language. Even the Korean input method with ime can input normally when the Korean language support is deleted, except Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese. After deleting the language support, it cannot be normal. enter. And internal code conversion programs such as ntlea can also display programs in other languages normally, which is amazing and also makes me puzzled.

So is language and normal input really related? ntlite only tells me that if I want to read and write a certain language, please don’t delete it. I don’t know whether this reading and writing is programming environment reading and writing, or input method input, or other purposes , can you explain?
garlin nuhi

Back