Adding drivers question

I was interested in purchasing the home version so I can use the feature to automatically copy my computers drivers to my ISO but I had some questions regarding that feature.

When ntlite adds the drivers does it also install the corresponding software such as nvidia gforce/steel serious keyboard software/etc... or does it just install the necessary drivers?

If it doesn’t install the software as well, is there any benefit to using the install driver feature if I will just have to install the software anyway that contains the drivers?

NTLite can import and add the host hardware drivers to your custom build but it doesnt add additional software you get in a driver pack, to install those you would need to add the driver installer to the Post Setup page instead.

In case of Nvidia drivers, it's all included automatically with the driver.
For Steel Series, not sure as I didn't test it, but what Clanger said is generally true.
And yes, in case of those drivers, it's better to integrate them as a setup package on the Post-setup page with their silent switch for automatic installation after setup.

The full installer would include nvidias telemetry. He could try seperating the installers for the bits he wants then add them to Post Setup but add the inf files to Drivers(integration).

Anyway, display drivers change so often its not worth adding displays into the image, unless its old legacy hardware where the driver hasnt been updated in a couple of years. Keeping the installer outside of the wim he can easily add updated packages as they become availible especially if its on a usb key.

Back