"Aero Peek" parameter missing ?

Rainstorm

Hello,

usually, when I modify a new W10 .wim file, I enable the "Aero Peek" option in parameter section.
I downloaded the 21H2 March 2022 and began to apply my default options, but "Aero Peek" is not present in parameters.

It's not an important parameter but still exist on Windows so I wondered why it disapeared from NTL

Thanks! :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't remember if NTLite supported Aero Peek. Nothing in forum search.
Does anyone else remember?

Attachments

• aeropeek.jpg
    aeropeek.jpg
    63.5 KB
Windows Aero was the project name for W7's UI design.

Looking at your thread, we're expecting to find:
<TweakGroup name="Explorer">
<Tweak name="Advanced\DisablePreviewDesktop">0</Tweak>
</TweakGroup>

I found a preset on GitHub which confirms NTLite 2.1.2.8074 (July 2021) had this setting.
Yup, it's gone missing.

Because there's so many things called Aero and Peek, can I ask what the function is that you are looking for?

Are you wanting to hover over items in the taskbar, such as an open notepad document, and see a thumbnail?

The reason I ask, is because if that's what you are looking for, it is now baked into the OS and enabled by default and actually cannot be disabled now. So that could account for why the parameter went missing.

nuhi removed it from February's release.
Settings: Win11 ‘Select the far corner of the taskbar to show the desktop’ fixed and renamed (to ‘Select the far corner of the taskbar to show the desktop’)

Rolling back to 2.3.4.8620:

Capture4.PNG
<TweakGroup name="DesktopTweaks">
<Tweak name="Advanced\DisablePreviewDesktop">0</Tweak>

Current build 2.3.4.8643:

Capture6.PNG

Select the far corner of the taskbar to show the desktop isn't the old tweak.
<TweakGroup name="DesktopTweaks">
<Tweak name="Advanced\TaskbarSd">1</Tweak>

Back