ALT+F4 Application Errors - Memory Leaks

crypticus

Happened after fresh install, I was at windowsupdate page, checked for updates it started to download some and then installed them, I went to kitchen to eat, so that page was open nearly 20 minutes on idle.. I came back screen was not locked, so I did alt+f4 to close that page , then i got this error.

1640375086054.png
I think others got the same error before. and i think i got this error when win11 first out too. used latest win11 and latest ntlite. so this bug was always here? edit: also here

Attachments

• Windows 11.xml
    17 KB
Last edited:
yes if not installed it allows, but after fresh install my first action was to hide all driver updates and install drivers manually... so WU only made normal updates. so its not about drivers. also on device manager every driver is installed.

only these are installed
1640380208726.png

these are hidden
1640380230889.png

KB5007262 (Nov 21 CU Preview)
KB4023057 (SSU May 21)
KB5008215 (Dec 21 CU)

Latest SSU for W11 is KB5006755 (Nov 21). If you're using WU, it didn't do the right thing or never finished.

isn't it released for preview ring? i'm not on preview ring right now.
i did not do anything besides hiding driver updates, windows update only found those and installed them. and now says up to date....

btw this is not happening all the time. randomly and very very very few. just sharing so nuhi or anyone knows these issues.

Last edited:
Same error for rocketleague

1640678840404.png
write and read errors. i will check my memory now just in case
edit: checked memory. no errors. its a software bug.

Last edited:
Happens when u press ALT+F4 sometimes, just like settings, when u do alt f4

Last edited:
Happened after fresh install, I was at windowsupdate page, checked for updates it started to download some and then installed them, I went to kitchen to eat, so that page was open nearly 20 minutes on idle.. I came back screen was not locked, so I did alt+f4 to close that page , then i got this error.

View attachment 6379
I think others got the same error before. and i think i got this error when win11 first out too. used latest win11 and latest ntlite. so this bug was always here?
Try NTL 2.3.2.8526 and install abbodi1406/vcredist/releases before install anything else - even drivers.

On 22000.376 Pro i don't see any problem - you're welcome to analyse. I admit - i go to WU first after install and everything else is working as supposed. But again i'm not a gamer
Remark - preset boot into audit mode.

Attachments

• ADM11.xml
    53 KB
On 22000.376 Pro i don't see any problem - you're welcome to analyse. I admit - i go to WU first after install and everything else is working as supposed. But again i'm not a gamer
Remark - preset boot into audit mode.
game? it happens randomly on any process when u use alt+f4.

Last edited:
Have 3 programs open right now and do ALT+F4 and EDGE close down as front program - or else from a clean screen see attached.
Used newest version of NTL and Win11 pro .376 on 2 laptops with same result.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede (1).png
    Skærmbillede (1).png
    678.5 KB
Not sure why this is relevant. abbodi's github is a collection of LATEST vcredist packages (taken from Visual Studio). Even if you didn't install them, WU would update VC++ to the current stable.
Not that important - i know. But still as shown in my post before you, i don't have the problem using latest NTL. So i think it's on crypticus side using and older NTL and some tricks he dosn't avail make the problem.

it is all random for me. you can not replicate it any time u want. or thats what i am thinking. see > its new one

Last edited:
I see.
It's the
<Feature name="OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0">false</Feature>
i don't remove as it's connected to or:
NETWORK/ Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) for Office compatibility
NETWORK/ Offline files - Sync Center for Application Guard compatibility
etc. etc. as theres to many if you keep them (or some) and remove the feature OneCoreUAP.OneSync!
If you start remove features keeping Components that depend on that specific feature - the feature section in NTL don't raise a flag!

Back