Autounattend problem (WinReducer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 User

I can't create a local account after accepting EULA and hiding boot image selection, cortana setup and online account options. This happens after I used WinReducer EX-100. After I install Windows 10 it's asked an "other user" password and not the password from the user I created since that OOBE step was skipped.

Is it possible to copy NTLite's autounattend configuration (which doesn't have this problem) to WinReducer's? But if I do that I'll mess with WinReducer's autounattend which despite not being ok has one option that can't be configured in NTLite. Also, I'd like to skip the password hint OOBE step.

EDIT: I tried adding some paragraphs from WinReducer's autounattend to NTLite's and copy it to the ISO and it looks like it is ok although I maybe should've copy more paragraphs to have the right configuration and now I have a new "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message showing up on the OOBE but I can still proceed, anyway. I still want to have NTLite's autounattend configuration and the important parts from WinReducer's.

Last edited:
yeah i faced with other user problem too it happens when you skip one of these idk which one. and i dont know what they do. please explain to me too...

windows welcome and welcome center

yeah i faced with other user problem too it happens when you skip one of these idk which one. and i dont know what they do. please explain to me too...

windows welcome and welcome center

Well, it's too complicated for me either. Basically, you'll skip some OOBE steps and it won't be so annoying having to go through it. I tried all combinations in WinReducer regarding autounattend and a lot of them in NTLite. I'm tired of losing time for months trying to get this to work.
Sorry for my English, I'm Portuguese. I don't want to only use NTLite's autounattend since it seems that WinReducer has some interesting things.

Last edited:
windows welcome (machineoobe) causes the "other user" error. found it.

welcome center is safe to set true.

bro, just read the program. there is option for LOCAL USER and online user. make online false. make local true? isn't it SO Simple? its even in yout language you say... just read it and you will see

bro, just read the program. there is option for LOCAL USER and online user. make online false. make local true? isn't it SO Simple? its even in yout language you say... just read it and you will see

I know how to do that but what has that have to do with autofill? I choose to ignore the Online Account and do nothing about the Local Account. What has that have to do with the welcome center? I don't want to have any welcome center just to fix the other error on the OOBE.

Last edited:
you are so confused that i don't have energy to solve it. sorry.

You're the one who doesn't know what the subject is and because of that you are confusing me. I was talking about using some of the NTLite's autounattend paragraphs in the WinReducer's autounattend to fix the problem I have of not being able to create an online account after using an untouched WinReducer's autounattend and not only you didn't try to replicate the situation but also you talked about a welcome center (whatever that is) which I supposedly have to have when I precisely don't want to have any annoying steps on the OOBE and welcome centers even if that fixes the other problem I have (the one "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message showing up during Windows 10's OOBE).

Last edited:
i said to you to use autofill. that will pass all the steps you don't want. so everything will be automatic.

and if you disable online account (set it to off)
and enable local acount (set it to on)

during setup you will be only asked for username and thats all.

the error you get about "other user" is caused by a setting inside ntlite named "welcome center" you need to set it to blank (default) if you don't want any error about that "other user" and this way you will be asked to use local user account. (don't worry if you set "welcome center" blank. there won't be any questions asked during install.

"welcome center" is a setting inside ntlite. you don't need winreducer. ntlite is enough and more for everything you need.

i don'T need to replicate situation. i already told you solution. but you did not get it.

i said to you to use autofill. that will pass all the steps you don't want. so everything will be automatic.

and if you disable online account (set it to off)
and enable local acount (set it to on)

during setup you will be only asked for username and thats all.

the error you get about "other user" is caused by a setting inside ntlite named "welcome center" you need to set it to blank (default) if you don't want any error about that "other user" and this way you will be asked to use local user account. (don't worry if you set "welcome center" blank. there won't be any questions asked during install.

"welcome center" is a setting inside ntlite. you don't need winreducer. ntlite is enough and more for everything you need.

i don'T need to replicate situation. i already told you solution. but you did not get it.

Didn't you say you didn't have the energy to fix the problem? Yes, I did get it. I did everything you said and I only have the "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message showing on the OOBE (I have it with MSMG ToolKit) when I copy NTLite's autounattend paragraphs to WinReducer's. When I only use NTLite's autounattend I don't have this error. You're not getting it. I never messed with the "skip welcome center (skip useroobe)" option. I always leave it blank and even so I still had that error when I copied NTLite's autounattend paragraphs to WinReducer's. It shouldn't be needed to set it to blank, anyway. Besides, I only have this problem of not being able to create a local account when I use WinReducer's autounnatend and when I copy NTLite's autounattend paragraphs to WinReducer's. When I only use an untouched NTLite autounattend I can create a local account only by disabling the online account and I don't have the "Something went wrong" error message. I don't need to enable the local account also. What do you mean with "you will be only asked for username and thats all"? Will I be able to create a local account? No, it's not. Didn't you read my other thread about having problems with NTLite? That's why I have to use WinReducer but I may take some NTLite's autounattend paragraphs, which I'm not being able to do. I also need WinReducer's autounattend because it has some paragraphs which NTLite doesn't.

EDIT: Finally, I don't want to use autofill since it messes up with things I don't want like the "skip local account setup", "skip wireless setup", "network location", "protect your PC", "skip auto activation", "computer name", "workgroup name" and "enable dynamic update". If all is automatic how can I create a local account?

Last edited:
Upload your 3 original, not mixed autounattend.xml generated by msmg, ntlite and winreducer to take a look and see if i can help you with that, don't forget to remove the serial number.

Don't forget to mention what you want to mix inbetween all of them.

Let me tell you that, i wanted to mix the xml generated by YUMI and have failed many times.

Upload your 3 original, not mixed autounattend.xml generated by msmg, ntlite and winreducer to take a look and see if i can help you with that, don't forget to remove the serial number.

Don't forget to mention what you want to mix inbetween all of them.

Let me tell you that, i wanted to mix the xml generated by YUMI and have failed many times.

Like I said, I don't have the problem when I only use NTLite. What 3 original and serial number? What xml generated by YUMI? I also use YUMI and have a problem with it.

Last edited:
You have said that you want to mix (add paragraphs from one to another) autonattend.xml files?

If so, upload your autounattend.xml files and explain what do you want to mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back