Black Screen with Windows 10 Pro After Initial Reboot in Hyper-V

bswaby

Just purchased the business version of NTLite and running into an issue that I can't quite figure out yet. From Hyper-V, I have it booting to the iso that NTLite created and it boots fine to the install screen. From there I delete the drives from the previous try, it uploads the initial configuration, and then reboots to a black screen. The installation doesn't go any further than that and have waiting up to a couple of hours for it to finish. If I power reset it, it comes up fine. However, none of the apps install.

Any suggestions on what I can look at when it's in this black screen state?

Attached is the XML file, minus the encrypted admin password.

Hi,

the post-setup execution is most like the cause, one of them got stuck with a prompt which cannot be shown that early in Windows setup, a Windows limitation for this method of execution.

All the installers must be silent and automated, with a one more caveat.
The multi-file installers, like Office in this case, are not supported out of the box.
Unless you compressed the entire office in that "setup.exe", it is most probably the cause of the issue.
Here are two links that might shed some more light on this:

Post-setup debugging
Office packaging example

It is planned to support adding folder as an installer (automatic compression to a self-extracting archive) sometime in the future.
Including the postponing of script execution until the first user logon.

Thanks.

Back