Bluetooth Device Installation Error 37 + Windows Hello Fingerprint

MR01

Hi, i cant get the bth device working....i checked for previous reports on removals that might be the cause but im not removing them.
The same for the fingerprint, i also checked that pinsign might be needed in the process so i not removing it too, in my previous attemps i removed that and i got for 1 second the animation of FPsensor reading my finger but now after i insert my PIN i get no visual response/animation, but after some seconds it say to close Windows Hello and try again.
I tried also to disable the auto-power-save option on FPsensor for be sure Windows power management was not interferring.

Im working on 22621.1.220506 build of Windows 11 and using the latest NTLite stable version.

Im Attaching the preset im using for testing and duplication of problem.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Autosalvataggio dc72d163.xml
    67.6 KB
Error 37 is device driver failed to initialized.
Hi, i removed from preset CDP and CloudExperienceHost but the results are the same both for BTH & FingerPrint.
For the error i experienced similar situation in older preset for win10, so plus the FP problem to me it seems a problem generated probably from the preset & ntlite.

Attachments

67.1 KB
CloudExperienceHost is necessary to use W11 as well as W10.
Try look at the Compatibility tab - as a lot is missing - if not protected some needed drivers will be missed too as those will be removed as well when do Apply.
NTL already take care of that - even you don't notize.

CloudExperienceHost is necessary to use W11 as well as W10.
Try look at the Compatibility tab - as a lot is missing - if not protected some needed drivers will be missed too as those will be removed as well when do Apply.
NTL already take care of that - even you don't notize.
Hi francis, check my previous post attached xml, even with CloudExperienceHost same results.
Edit with this one BTH works, but Finger Prints not...

Attachments

37.2 KB
Last edited:
Please - again see what i try to pointing out. Already testet with your preset(.xml).
When you load image and attached preset somehow what you want is not what you protect is showed you've to do first of all - always check Compatibility tab and cross Components for NON removal.

Attachments

• Can only repeat.png
    Can only repeat.png
    96.5 KB
Last edited:
Please - again see what i try to pointing out. Already testet with your preset(.xml).
When you load image and attached preset somehow what you want is not what you protect is showed you've to do first of all - always check Compatibility tab and cross Components for NON removal.
But i dont care about the Store or NetFlix, i dont see the link with Finger Prints problem or BTH (fixed)
You are pointing out that NTLite will preserve Finger Print if i choose to protect Store and NetFlix?

Maybe you should.
Your finger trigger issues point to HELLO and from what i know Ease of Access witch is not protected in preset keeping important components for that - "Let your fingers do the Walking". Sort sol means Black Sun.
Despite refusing NTL Compatilibies you seem to know what you're doing - and NETFLIX is NOT my flavour too - just to add :cool:

Same advice, restore Device Experience.
is already removed from preset, i just have embeddedexperience in preset with a similar name.

Remain:
<TweakGroup name="Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience">
<Tweak name="AitAgent\AitAgent">remove</Tweak>
<Tweak name="StartupAppTask\StartupAppTask">remove</Tweak>
</TweakGroup>
<c>Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp 'Store Experience Host'</c>
<c>embeddedexperience 'Device Lockdown (Embedded Experience)'</c>
<c>MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience 'Pacchetto Esperienza Web Windows'</c>
<c>uev 'User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)'</c>

Last edited:
Device Lockdown is unrelated, it disables access to settings like if you're running a kiosk or a public PC.

Update: The Finger Prints not working (Hello crash) is unresolved, something needed is removed when removing something else (as App-Store).
nuhi when you can, try to check out what is missing please.
I wanted to make this clear for a future reader.

On it, thanks for reporting.
I see you enabled Bluetooth and Yubikey in the original preset, it is what I would recommend, Bluetooth not working is surprising.
Btw make sure not to have anything tricky in your external tweaks, those I don't see.
Will reply here when I know more.

Using your original preset on Win11 22H2 and the next pre-release.
Bluetooth was broken by Application Compatibility removal.
Fixed in next version, up tomorrow.

As for Fingerprint Hello, I tested with a USB key PIN login, it worked, but maybe fingerprint has more requirements or it is fixed in pre-release version.
Will send it to you, then we can continue if still an issue.

As for Fingerprint Hello, I tested with a USB key PIN login, it worked, but maybe fingerprint has more requirements or it is fixed in pre-release version.
Thanks for replying, im quite busy in the last days at office, i will try maybe next weekend, i dont know if you will release officially a new release for that moment.

So BTH for working didnt needed all the voices i "removed" from original preset, that would be awesome for have a ligther installation.

For Finger Prints i just create a pin, im not using a usb key or anything else, then i insert pin and touch the FP sensor but then Hello App show error.

With Beta BTH is working, FP still not.

Thanks.
Yeah for Finger Print I'll need to buy a device to have for future testing anyway, and hopefully to login to Windows faster.
If I may ask, what is your exact FP device, anything to look for when choosing?

Thanks.
Yeah for Finger Print I'll need to buy a device to have for future testing anyway, and hopefully to login to Windows faster.
If I may ask, what is your exact FP device, anything to look for when choosing?
Almost every HP laptop with Ryzen 4000 or more (400+ €) has the Finger Prints sensor at right side of touchpad.
They use best ddr4 (2 pz of 4G 3200mhz cl22 for the 8G ram versions), and the grease is good but sometime they put it wrong.

Last edited:
Back