Bug - Missing Recommended on Beta Build Compatibility Tab

tharri

Just downloaded the 2.1.0.7705 beta build.

The Recommended option is no longer shown on the compatibility tab. It seems like it is pre-selected and unable to be turned off.

The "Recommended" option now shown under Windows Update does not work the same way.

Attachments

• missing.png
    missing.png
    11.1 KB
Hi,

it was moved under the Windows Update as it covers WU as well.
But it works fine here, I just now loaded and unchecked it.
Attached screenshot.

Attachments

• recclip.png
    recclip.png
    47.5 KB
That doesn't make sense though. It seems to me that we should be able to uncheck Windows Update without also unchecking Recommended.

For example, "Recommended" protects stuff like Photo Codec, Image Color Management, Font Cache Service, and UI Ribbon. None of those have anything to do with Windows Update. We should be able to continue protecting services like those while unlocking Windows Update.

In other words, shouldn't Servicing Stack and Windows Update be a subset of Recommended and not the other way around as it shows now?

That doesn't make sense though. It seems to me that we should be able to uncheck Windows Update without also unchecking Recommended.

For example, "Recommended" protects stuff like Photo Codec, Image Color Management, Font Cache Service, and UI Ribbon. None of those have anything to do with Windows Update. We should be able to continue protecting services like those while unlocking Windows Update.

In other words, shouldn't Servicing Stack and Windows Update be a subset of Recommended and not the other way around as it shows now?
I see, you would like to protect 95% of Recommended as you agree with those, ok, until the new level-tagging (something like 3-level recommended), I will just move it back as it was.

Recommended being parent for WU would not work, as then if you don't want recommended, you are forced to disable WU protection.
Vice versa I thought would work as WU (service) is part of Recommended, so those that do not care about recommended would disable WU as well.
But you proven me wrong.

Thanks for the input.

Back