Building Windows 10 ISO with Home and Pro versions updated

downforce

Hi!
Every month when Microsoft releases Cumulative updates for Windows 10 I make a new ISO with only Pro version. Everything went fine. I choose to remove versions I don't need such as Home (core), Pro N etc. I do minimal tweaks like option to show This PC icon on desktop (which is unable to set till Windows activated) and few more (add Croatian language pack).
This month I will need both Home and Pro versions with newest updates (cumulative kb4054517 and flash player kb4053577). Somewhere I read that first I must update every version (mounted wims) to get both versions updated but when I do that during windows installation only last updated version shows. The menu to choose Home or Pro version doesn't show up.
What option to chose to do that and is it safe to remove versions which I don't need?
P.S.
I use free version of NTLite.

Do not choose Trim at apply page.

Update and edit both editions at the same time:
Mount and select the options to edit (or load a preset) the pro version, at apply page, select 'save the image' instead of 'save the image and trim editions'.
At 'Remove non-essential editions' select what you don't need.
At image process queue, check all the options for home (apply to pro is locked, check all options for home), unattended and post-setup applies to all editions in the image and can't be changed.

If you unattend the setup, Edit autounattend.xml file, remove this section:

ImageInstall>
can't add the code that goes here and post, i got an error trying to post or preview
/ImageInstall>

If ISO image creation is selected, pay attention at the process to edit the autounatten.xml file after it is created, after NTLite finish editing the first image, you'll have enough time to do it.

Many thanks for answer.
Will try tomorrow and report back results :)
I don't use option to create iso. I do that with ImgBurn and option Create image from files/folders :)

Here I am :)
Sorry for late respond.
I done what you wrote to me and finally during install asks me which version I want to install.
But when i install Home (or Pro) version, it seems that they are not updated. Language pack is slipstreamed and fully working but upon first check for updates Windows finds last cumulative update and update for flash player which I slipstreamed into Windows installation disc.

But when i install Home (or Pro) version, it seems that they are not updated. Language pack is slipstreamed and fully working but upon first check for updates Windows finds last cumulative update and update for flash player which I slipstreamed into Windows installation disc.

Somewhere else i have read that Ms installs an update that "fix" and enable windows update without a notification so, it seems like, when it detects components outdated or removed, it reinstalls updates that bring back those missing files.

In Win 7 i have seen "missing updates" after removals, tried to reinstall but i got errors, even if i try to reintegrate with NTLite, is not possible because of missing (removed) files, this is Windows design.

Today I tried making version without anything removed and no tweaks only slipstreamed updates mentioned above and nothing. Language pack was slipstreamed and fully working but those two updates still Windows update downloads and install.
Strange thing is that till this month everything works fine (every month I make updated Windows installation usb due to many computers I repair).
Will see next month with the new cumulative update.

If you had integrated only for one architecture, you have to integrate updates in 2 sessions, the first for an architecture and the second for the other one.

If you had integrated only for one architecture, you have to integrate updates in 2 sessions, the first for an architecture and the second for the other one.
I integrated for both versions and during process I see that integration went ok for both versions but when I install W10 it still download both of update which I integrated.

Seems like lately Ms is forcing to keep our system full of crap.

Confirmed, thanks, will see what can be done.
Difference between older and newer versions is that now you can install future updates with much higher success rate.
And not reporting missing updates in the older version was due to incomplete cleanup, leaving too much entries, which would not be apparent until some cumulative update fails.

And just think that a certain Mr Nuhagic once thought that windows xp was full of crap. 7 and 10 are 6 to 8 times larger than a bog standard xp install.

Mr nuhi meant that sentence about updates in the context of removing components with older versions of NTLite, Windows are rarely to blame as thousands of nuhis are working on it :)

@downforce, please attach the preset demonstrating that issue with integrated Win10 cumulative being redetected on WU even without removals, and I'll check it.
Thanks.

I'm idiot :)
Forgot to slipstream prerequisite KB4054022 for cumulative update. Didn't see that KB4054517 was red. When I clicked on it it's shows that I must have this prerequisite to successful slipstream and install cumulative update :)

[...]

If you unattend the setup, Edit autounattend.xml file, remove this section:

ImageInstall>
/ImageInstall>

If ISO image creation is selected, pay attention at the process to edit the autounatten.xml file after it is created, after NTLite finish editing the first image, you'll have enough time to do it.

@nuhi: Are there any plans to change this workaround (edit the autounattend.xml, delete this part) into a function (checkbox for example)? It would be fine to have the possibility of choosing the edition back. :)

It's me again :)
Now everything works fine but now it will not slipstream croatian language pack. Everything else works.
I will attach preset and picture that show language pack failure in both Home and Pro version of W10.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {1060849E-ADF6-45F5-A69D-4C8FFCAE44A8}.xml
    7 KB
Are you using the same language pack from 10 to 8?

The first preset is from Win 10, the second screenshot is from Win 8.

Back