Cannot Get Typing in W11 23H2 Start Menu search, screenshots and clipboard history

vinconti

Sorry for the new thread, I have seen this discussed elsewhere, but those posts are all 3-4 years old that I have seen, and I figure its a different issue now?

For the life of me I cannot get typing to work at all in the start menu, the search in settings to work, the screenshot feature to work, or the clipboard history function to work. I have seen posts implying these are related, and I have followed all the suggestions in those.

Steps I took:
Put both internet explorer AND cortana back in (would love to delete those if I can!)
Put XBox everything back in (would also love to delete that)
put back User Data stuff by deleting the following <c>unistoresvc 'User Data Storage'</c> and <c>userdatasvc 'User Data Access'</c>
re-enabled system apps-> async text services
re-enabled system -> Windows AI machine learning
re-enabled system -> sensors (all, mobile pc has projection)

Enabled ("Automatic") every service I could find relating to clipboard stuff

Does anyone have ideas? I must be missing something

Attachments

• start typing not working.xml
    117.7 KB
Removing Windows Feature Experience Pack will break your W11 desktop.
<c>microsoftwindows.client.cbs 'Windows Feature Experience Pack - Desktop'</c>

This is a new NTLite category that didn't exist before, and it shouldn't be used too often for the obvious reasons. Before this, some users complained how they couldn't remove desktop apps like Get Started or Windows Backup. Unfortunately, it's an all or nothing workaround as you also lose many Start Menu and Taskbar features.

Back