Cheaper license for one-time use?

I'm just your average user who wants to customize windows 10. MSMG somehow doesn't work for me, there's always some weird issue.

All I want to do is remove stuff i dont need and that's it. I have 1 PC only, is there a 1 time use license or something, 40 euros just to customize my win10 for that one time is... expensive.

It's never only once, reasons can vary:
  • changed your mind around a removal, saw something else you don't want, want to test more what extra can be safely removed
  • new component was added in a newer version that you also don't need, a removal improved of an older component
  • return a component that some app needed and need to reinstall/refresh with it kept
  • Microsoft updates Windows 10 with feature update and overwrites any removals, as they do so with a full ISO. Either way, if you want to upgrade you need to edit that new ISO.
  • there can be a bug in the tool, and the component X removal could break something, that later is fixed but you need to remake the ISO, be it for refresh or reinstall.
Even if it's just once, that doesn't reduce its value, as in that one processing years of work went into.
After you get proficient with it and know exactly what you want, then it becomes only once per Windows Feature update - sort of once every 6 months minimum, not taking bugs and mistakes into account.

You could wait for the holiday discount as well.

Last edited:
I edit mine once a year........by the time I edit it is time for renewal.....So I'm in the same boat.....but I still like the program.....and I renew. Thanx for an excellent product Nuhi.

Cheers

Nuhi is correct. Like an old Lay's brand potato chip commercial that used to play in the States, "Bet you can't eat just one."

Invariably you find that either you removed too much (discovered that you broke something a month later) or you want to remove "just a little more."

(Although as I've posted before, IMO, you can be too thin when it comes to removals with NTLite.)

It's never only once, reasons can vary:
  • changed your mind around a removal, saw something else you don't want, want to test more what extra can be safely removed
  • new component was added in a newer version that you also don't need, a removal improved of an older component
  • return a component that some app needed and need to reinstall/refresh with it kept
  • Microsoft updates Windows 10 with feature update and overwrites any removals, as they do so with a full ISO. Either way, if you want to upgrade you need to edit that new ISO.
  • there can be a bug in the tool, and the component X removal could break something, that later is fixed but you need to remake the ISO, be it for refresh or reinstall.
Even if it's just once, that doesn't reduce its value, as in that one processing years of work went into.
After you get pro-efficient with it and know exactly what you want, then it becomes only once per Windows Feature update - sort of once every 6 months minimum, not taking bugs and mistakes into account.

You could wait for the holiday discount as well.

Yeah that's true.

Have you considered a weekly/monthly usage fee though? I wouldn't mind shelling out 5 euros a month, or even for 1 week, to edit it to my liking. Sort of like VPN services, 3 day/weekly/monthly license.

Because from my perspective, I will edit it non stop to my liking in at most a day, after which I won't really touch it until maybe another major Win10 update is out or something.

Just a suggestion.

Wait.......I only see this now.....there is a holiday discount? When is the holiday discount?

I only create iso from win build to win builds. but still you always need license beause of bug fixes. and if its your first time you will likely get a lot of bugs

if its your first time you will likely get a lot of bugs

Bugs(tool and windows/windows updates) and PEBKAC(user error). I would say that even experienced liters take a fair number of sessions to get their image spot on. If nuhi charged 10 euros per single use(and the inevitable local sales taxes) then it could cost you more than a standard home license user. Yep another moan about licensing, the product costs what it costs, there is no haggle purchase option.
nuhi lock topic.

Back