Chromium-based Apps won't Download

Sá.

Hey nuhi already checked some spots i could've made something wrong and can't really figure it out.

ISO looking fine but won't download chrome/brave, gets stuck on "Waiting for Download"

will leave the preset here

Attachments

• Auto-saved e61ef757.xml
    7.3 KB
This preset doesn't explain how you are installing Chrome/Brave. During Post-Setup, or by hand?

No, as soon as i get onto the iso the first thing is to install browser , only firefox goes, the rest stays “waiting for download “

Brave only provides a web installer. If you want the offline installer, you have to search their GitHub. A web installer can break for many reasons.
Can you browse sites with Firefox to check the network is working?

Yes garlin, neither the offline works, stuck again. Network is fine, iso is fine, simply does not install chrome or brave, offline or not. Same.

Is this the complete preset? You didn't save the image from another session? All I see is driver removals, and 3 reg files.

did you blocked some exe file from running, because for example when you block teams, it also blocks discord since they share same update.exe name for the softwares.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun]

or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\x.exe]

Do you have another computer you can try it on to rule out NTLite and your tweaks?

Also, post your reg files for us too, it may have the answer.

Tried the ISO on main PC, main PC with VM, other pc, other PC with VM... same thing, its ISO related...

Just post the reg files as attachments, not the ISO.

Is this an official Microsoft ISO, or is it some type of modified one, like some gamer operating system you got from elsewhere?

Mine, until now, have NO regs that can affect any type of performance, only display settings.
Official ISO being modified, until this error gets fixed, can't get more done.

It feels like we're missing information still, that's needed. Are you running in a VM or remote desktop or something, that's what the screenshot looks like. The notification icons are not indicative of a clean install and signify a lot of other stuff is installed that could conflict. Your xml says you incorporated 3 reg files.

Hellbovine, once again, its a newly ISO, started stripping it yesterday, got MANY stuff stripped, as a result i add some post setup stuff on the desktop trough exploring mount.
The only error is that chrome/brave stuck download. Tried it the common way(install trough bios and on a VM) BOTH get the same error. Previously you asked about firewall. The stripped ISO has it “partially” stripped, only the core firewall, theres no defender etc etc, as you said i tried even turning all firewall stuff OFF. Same error, checked every windows based service related to msi/exe component install. Same.
Out of idea’s, was about to send you the full preset but somehow the only preset i have is the small one, not the full one.
Tomorrow ill put the iso on a mediafire and leave it here. Free to check it out now that it seems inside ntlite app wont help.

You don't need to post the ISO (which we don't allow linking, by forum rules). Just the original preset with all the removals.

If you didn't save it, then run "NTLite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates" and load the ISO, save the loaded image as a new preset.
Post this preset which lists everything you removed.

...MANY stuff stripped, as a result i add some post setup stuff...
The xml you posted in the beginning only has a half dozen driver inf files removed, and added 3 reg files. Can you post the xml that you are actually using?

Back