ClipSVC service, if disabled during NTLite rip will give break message to personalize

Saaglem

THIS IS JUST A HEADSUP:

If you disable the Client License Service (ClipSVC) during a NTLITE rip and you install the windows. Once you get to the desktop and you right click on the desktop and click personalize then it will give you an error in ms-settings. Once you enable the service, via registry only, and reboot it is fine. Interesting though is that if you disable the service again and restart the error does not return. I've reinstalled the virtual 3 times and every-time it is Client License Service (ClipSVC) and every time it is enabled once then personalize is fine after that.

Attachments

• ClipSVC.jpg
    ClipSVC.jpg
    1.2 MB
Yes Kasual. I have an idea, disable it and on boot enable it with a script in task manager....then check it. Will let you know

Oh you mean like that.....no that I've done. I was just threw this out there so others would know should they have this problem

You could end up bricking a machine like i did 2 hours ago, 1 install later back to nermal. Test in a vm if possible so you dont leave your pc unbootable.

But here is the interesting part. Even if you enable the service in registry or with services after the rip, manual which is default, or even forced to ClipSVC to start, the error persist. Only if you reboot then it enables it. This works great if you want to do something on the desktop on first boot that the machine mustn't do before you reboot.

Hehehehe. yeah...I always test in VMWare. Once I make rip I move it to the usb.....I take the good OS and just move it to a folder on the same drive....just in case. If it fails I delete it and move the files back and reboot

If you disable the Client License Service (ClipSVC) during a NTLITE rip and you install the windows. Once you get to the desktop and you right click on the desktop and click personalize then it will give you an error in ms-settings.
Btw since ClipSVC is locked for images, do you disable protections, or the protection didn't work?
I'll have to switch to delayed post-setup configs for these that are locked, much better solution.

Thanks.

I remove all the compatibility options....not protections. I remove Clipsvc with a registry file that I load through registry in NTLite

Last edited:
Back