Components required by applications and Presets by NTLite Team

lenkarin

Hi NTLite team,

I have been using NTLite and one feature that could be useful is add a feature to NTLite that says which components is required by applications to run.
Example: Mail and Calendar - CloudExperienceHost, Microsoft.AccountsControl, Service Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and etc...

This could be useful to a lot users and can help new users when edit windows 10 ISO.

Another feature is recommended presets by NTLite Team, while ago nuhi says that in version 2.2 we could see presets, not sure if is present, but this can be things easy too.

Hi lenkarin

This a "1 man team" (nuhi).

All known dependencies are locked, there will popup an info window when a needed component is unticked. Also, when you check for compatibility in toolbar - Compatibility, all needed components will be disabled (protected) for removal.

Other way that you can tell about dependencies, are subcomponents that need the upper (or parent) component in the same group.

I hope that helps a bit.

That's good to hear, not sure if in the compatibility this include services, or SystemApps (all of them) but I see some in the systemapps and other without information. for example Windows.ClientCBS is required by Snip & Sketch and in NTLite we don't have any information about that. And I glad to hear is 1 man team, I start college recently and I hope to know some programming and maybe I could help him ( if he allow me too :) ) so a lot things could be done a little bit faster too.

That's good to hear, not sure if in the compatibility this include services, or SystemApps (all of them) but I see some in the systemapps and other without information. for example Windows.ClientCBS is required by Snip & Sketch and in NTLite we don't have any information about that. And I glad to hear is 1 man team, I start college recently and I hope to know some programming and maybe I could help him ( if he allow me too :) ) so a lot things could be done a little bit faster too.
Known services are included, removed from the Services page or disabled on component removal.

If Windows.ClientCBS is required by Snip & Sketch and isn't connected, you can report it to nuhi, probably needs a fix keeping the needed stuff.

Reporting issues or unprotected (needed) components is a way to help.

Back