Constant 0xc0000005 Errors (Floxit.E virus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhsMu

I startup an Executable File (it doesn't matter whether is a program or an Installer) on an NTLited Windows and get that and a force close as a result. I didn't change my preset at all, only integrated the latest updates. Any clues why? Sometimes they open just fine the first time, but trying a second time (obviously, not the installer files) gets me the error.

Attachments

• Salvo automaticamente 353395c5.xml
    86.1 KB
Try keeping Error Reporting, when kept those errors are invisible to the user, it's not caused by the removal.
But the Error Reporting API should be the component protecting the needing pieces, do you have that component listed and kept or is it only Error Reporting on the full ISO (non-API)?

Will try!

Error Reporting API is kept, and Report is removed. Trying Keeping both.

nuhi: The issue apparently stems from NTLite being infected by a Floxit.E virus, and injecting it into the images. I don't know where it came from, but I had to install the whole system on a default image and redownload everything and redo the image to avoid the problem. Let's try with the image and see if it solves the issue.

Last edited:
If machine its infected, all images created with ntlite will propagate the malware.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, still struggling to get rid of it.

Eh it seems you misunderstood me. Its a general warning from (a very bad) experience that if you get the malware, you have to ntlite your image elsewhere or the image will still contain the malware. NTLite itself is not infected, but transmits the infection, if you get it elsewhere.

Just download a fresh iso from microsoft, mount it and install a fresh windows. Then with a clean install download ntlite fresh (don't use any previous files) and activate, then make your image.

You're just going to deal with more time lost doing it any other way.

Just download a fresh iso from microsoft, mount it and install a fresh windows. Then with a clean install download ntlite fresh (don't use any previous files) and activate, then make your image.

You're just going to deal with more time lost doing it any other way.
Yeah, I kinda noticed that, problem being the 16tb HDD attached to my device I have to scan. I have things in there I don't believe I can find again, including some older but much better versions of some software in the market. Or non-DCH Intel UHD Drivers from Dell.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that, problem being the 16tb HDD attached to my device I have to scan. I have things in there I don't believe I can find again, including some older but much better versions of some software in the market. Or non-DCH Intel UHD Drivers from Dell.

Could you tell me how did you fix this problem? I'm having it too.

Because I have seen people that run apps with compatibility mode when having that issue, its stupid if infection causes this and can be overriden by compatibility.

Because I have seen people that run apps with compatibility mode when having that issue, its stupid if infection causes this and can be overriden by compatibility.

I have this problem with many apps and none of them run with compatibility mode. According to what I searched, the culprit is really this Virus.Floxif.

OK, my solution was to install linux, disinfect all my files with ClamAV, losing quite some stuff in the process, then reinstalling everything back. Any other attempts to disinfect windows got me bluescreens and plugging the external drives to check them infected the machines before I could even start the anti viruses.

okay then get rid of it do a clean install

Already did, many times. I still have this virus, somehow.

OK, my solution was to install linux, disinfect all my files with ClamAV, losing quite some stuff in the process, then reinstalling everything back. Any other attempts to disinfect windows got me bluescreens and plugging the external drives to check them infected the machines before I could even start the anti viruses.

I never installed Linux. So, you installed Linux, installed ClamAV in it to search for virus in the infected partition and then reinstalled everything back in the previously infected partition?

Try Linux Mint, its the easiest of all in my opinion.
I never installed Linux. So, you installed Linux, installed ClamAV in it to search for virus in the infected partition and then reinstalled everything back in the previously infected partition?
No, I backed everything up to an external HDD, COMPLETELY ERASED THE DISK, REPARTITIONED, installed linux, scanned all the files (took me WEEKS) and deleted the infected ones. then I reinstalled windows (default), and without internet access, installed ntlite and recreated my image then reinstalled the PC into useable state.

No, I backed everything up to an external HDD, COMPLETELY ERASED THE DISK, REPARTITIONED, installed linux, scanned all the files (took me WEEKS) and deleted the infected ones. then I reinstalled windows (default), and without internet access, installed ntlite and recreated my image then reinstalled the PC into useable state.

Well, I hope the external HDD isn't infected or I'll have this issue again after connecting to the PC, I guess...

IDK if it would work but I would just upload all my important files to a cloud. and format my system. then download not infected ones. even google drive scans for files and warns you if its infected... you will lose too much data but you will lose them anyways...

also starting system with linux to go usb or security iso would be same too

IDK if it would work but I would just upload all my important files to a cloud. and format my system. then download not infected ones. even google drive scans for files and warns you if its infected... you will lose too much data but you will lose them anyways...

I forgot to say but my PC only detects the USB device where I burned the Windows 11 installer ISO at the second time, i.e., after trying to boot from the USB, nothing shows up in the boot list's USB section, so I choose to boot from the HDD, then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart the PC and then the USB device shows up in the boot liat. I don't have this problem with other USB devices with other programs but I do if I burn the Windows 11 installer to them. I don't have this problem in other PCs with the same USB devices and Windows 11 installer image I'm having in this PC. What can be the cause of this problem?

Last edited:

It looks like the culprit is a Visual Basic Runtime 5.0 installer that according to VirusTotal has the mentioned Virus.Floxif. I did another clean install, downloaded and installed another Visual Basic Runtime 5.0 and I stopped having this problem. I needed that program to be able to run another and I wasn't even remembering I was running it every time I installed Windows. What's weird is that I still have that error message when running a specific program but other ones are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back