Corrupted boot screen

yotoprules

Hi,
NTlite used to work for me but now with the latest version of ntlite, I get this boot screen with the created ISO:
Any created ISO made with competing products that I won't name work fine, but nowhere near as good as ntlite.
Would appreciate any advice if this is just a bug or if I've done something horribly wrong. I've even started from scratch with my preset and extracted official ISO from microsoft (not made using media creation tool) to rule out anything there however I haven't been able to get it working.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-03 140103.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-03 140103.png
    20.4 KB
Checkerboard is a known UEFI problem with wrong video mode.

Even in Virtualbox.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1114569/virtualbox-windows-10-install-boots-into-checkered-screen
It only does it with an ISO created in NTlite... The official ISO works fine and my old ntlite ISO from January also works fine, but this new one won't boot in either vmware or virtualbox. Vmware is in uefi mode and instead of the checkerboard pattern I just get a blue screen (no text) but again my old isos work fine

Thank you

Also added my chocolatey file which runs post setup

Attachments

• installChocolatey.zip
    501 bytes
  • Auto-saved ecb92f36 - Copy.xml
    7.9 KB
dear friend have you cross checked that you have shared your OS product key in this NTlite Preset . Pl remove it immidiately & reupload preset if its a purchased one key by you.
Plus i suggest to try without kb5010524 | kb5007402 Setup DU's for 1904x & post results if that one solved your issue.
++ Why using so many NDP Updates if only latest preview one is only needed for 1904x image offline update.
I used these updates on Base UUP dump created 1904x offline image & everything work fine.
updates.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing in your preset which should cause this error. For our discussion, updates or Post-Setup items don't matter because it's not getting past UEFI. Since the same image doesn't work in both VMware and VB, it's corrupted.

It appears you're using the MCT ISO as a source. Try loading it into NTLite, stripping the unwanted editions and create an ISO with no mods.
Boot that ISO as a sanity check. If that works, re-apply your preset and try again. We need to see which step corrupted the image.

Thank you so much! The problem was selecting all the updates when I shouldn't have, probably causing a conflict. After starting with a clean ISO and only selecting the ones that are actually needed, it now boots fine. Appreciate the help :)

Back