Create ISO and screen went in blue

genesisayoub

Hello all,

I create an Iso with different driver for example, in my company we use laptops and desktop and we trying to inject drivers for different models... when I inject for 3 different laptop models iso works fine but when I inject the desktop model with the laptop and test the usb bootable iso than it goes in blue. Any suggestion on this issue? im doing something wrong?

Drivers are different for laptops/ desktop.
Nvidia drivers for example are divided for laptop/ desktop for installation.

Last edited:
Some drivers can conflict with each other, depending on their INF files. Windows tries to find the "best matching" driver which is a combination of driver release date, and longest substring match of the vendor hardware ID.

When you have models with overlapping chipsets, Windows might pick the wrong driver. If all the chipsets are different, then there is no risk since Windows won't load drivers for hardware it doesn't find. The wrong SATA or USB driver will cause Windows to blue screen and hang.

The alternative is making two ISO's from the same modded original. One with laptop drivers, and one for desktop.

Drivers are different for laptops/ desktop.
Nvidia drivers for example are divided for laptop/ desktop for installation.
You haven't looked that closely at NVIDIA drivers. I've downloaded the laptop drivers for my PC, and my dad's desktop.
The installers are identical files.

I can't guarantee other sets aren't duplicates, but it makes sense since NVIDIA doesn't need to maintain 100 different packages.

Excacly - try install drivers for the "whole world" laptops/ desktop is a deadend.
NTL is a slimming down tool for removing crap from windows.

Back