Custom Like This?

Icanav

#ask
hi does someone know how to costum os like this?
my freinds using this os and i want to make with diferent style.
when the install is complete the windows display like this (see image).
is there a post setup script to run and implement this when the install is complete?
1. Apply Custom theme
2. Apply Permanent Old New Explorer in windows explorer.
3. Icon Pack
4. Startisback

thx

123.jpg

356.jpg

as u said its just a theme, and icon pack. nothing special

you can add and activate anything from setupcomplete if you can find correct commands...

you will need to activate and patch windows files before you can apply a 3rd party theme, use UltraUXThemePatcher. NTLite doesnt patch those files and if i remember nuhi correctly (highly likely - my opinion)it never will so thats why i posted the patcher on my interesting stuff page.

Last edited:
you can go by this step

UltraUXThemePatcher
StartIsBack (Place Custom Theme files via xcopy command or make and run a winrar sfx exe file + Apply Settings Via Reg File to activate that theme)
for last Install/place/activate theme and icon packs
Restart explorer for startisback and iconpacks

" silent installation with parameter /S ". rerun the patcher when you update windows because the patched files will prolly have been updated. you can patch before you activate but you cant apply the theme until you activate.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread so I am sorry but... I was also wondering how to do this. I have the files patched the problem for me is I am unsure how I should go about getting the theme to automatically enable on first boot.

Patched themes are available on first logon. Is the question, how do I pick a different theme as default?

Patched themes are available on first logon. Is the question, how do I pick a different theme as default?
I'm not sure if you are responding to me or not but sorry I will rephrase. I would like a third party theme to be the default theme of the os so that after setup completes it's automatically applied once loaded into the os.

Winaero Theme Switcher:
https://winaero.com/how-to-change-the-theme-in-windows-11/#Using_Theme_Switcher

- Make a new $OEM$ folder in the ISO folder, copy ThemeSwitcher.exe there
mkdir sources\$OEM$\$1\Tools

$1
= C:\

- Run this command in Post-Setup, under User - Execution tab (bottom half of screen)

Command - C:\Tools\ThemeSwitcher.exe
Parameters - [path to my theme]
Thank you for the reply, I followed all the directions. (Made the dir and placed theme switcher inside), command into the user section of post setup and set the parameters to my theme inside the (win>resources>themes) folder. However the theme still did not load on first login.

Does running ThemeSwitcher in the command line work? I assume the theme is installed before TS runs.

I wonder if ThemeSwitcher is finishing too early, before user provisioning ("This won't take long... Setting up your apps").
Replace the command with:

Command - cmd
Parameters - /c timeout /t 30 && C:\Tools\ThemeSwitcher.exe my.theme

We're pausing for 30 seconds to allow Windows to create the default desktop settings. If we're too quick, our theme gets clobbered.

I wonder if ThemeSwitcher is finishing too early, before user provisioning ("This won't take long... Setting up your apps").
Replace the command with:

Command - cmd
Parameters - /c timeout /t 30 && C:\Tools\ThemeSwitcher.exe my.theme

We're pausing for 30 seconds to allow Windows to create the default desktop settings. If we're too quick, our theme gets clobbered.
Thank you for your help

Hello,

UltraUXThemePatcher /S doesn't work anymore (silent switch removed by author).

Any idea how to patch those system files silently now?

Thanks!

SoulRipper Look for an alternative tool that can run silent, i dont know any.
I think there is no other tool like UltraUXThemePatcher, indeed.
Well, it seems I need another approach.
I have both themeui.dll & uxinit.dll ready & patched. However, while themeui.dll gets replaced easily, my batch fails to replace uxinit.dll ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"). Killing Explorer.exe before doesn't help.

Back