Disable "Do Not Disturb" mode in Win11 22H2

Marius83

Hello,

is there any way to disable the new "do not disturb" mode in NTLite? This mode is now enabled by default on every new installation...:(

I've tried <Tweak name="QuietHours\Enable">0</Tweak>
I don't know what this function is for, but at least not for my desired function.

Regards

Attachments

• scr01.png
    scr01.png
    1.8 KB
  • scr02.png
    scr02.png
    13.9 KB
Do Not Disturb mode expands on Focus Assist (which replaced Quiet Hours).
Short answer is no, NTLite can't do anything.

Switching DND changes the user's reg key $$windows.data.notifications.quiethourssettings

The problem is this key is part of CloudStore, which doesn't get provisioned until after your account is created. It's not inherited from Default User. You could apply this reg key from Post-Setup User - execution queue, but it wouldn't take effect until you log off.

The best workaround I have is writing a short PS (or VB) script which runs Settings, and uses keyboard events to click thru the UI.
It works for me, but this solution is no better than turning off DND by yourself.

What about ScreenOnOffTimes, Efficiency and FileExplorerSuggestionAds features that coming up? Also i think focusassist/dnd/quiethours tweak should be removed from ntlite its not working as u mentioned

Hi all, can this be somehow done now in 23H2? Perhaps a reg file or something? Thanks!
Sorry no. While the Setting only shows one simple switch, it actually changes many reg values in your profile. To modify your profile requires having your user account be created and logged on first. A rather complicated script needs to be written.

For this reason, it's just easier to change Do Not Disturb in Settings.

Sorry no. While the Setting only shows one simple switch, it actually changes many reg values in your profile. To modify your profile requires having your user account be created and logged on first. A rather complicated script needs to be written.

For this reason, it's just easier to change Do Not Disturb in Settings.
Thank you!

I really hate this method, but it works. Run this script from Post-Setup (User), or "After logon".

What it does is open System Settings -> Notifications, and enters "[TAB][TAB][space]" – which is the keyboard shortcut to change "Do Not Disturb". The script has no idea what is the current value, but entering the [space] key switches it back and forth.

Don't touch the Settings window, it will close after the setting's been updated. This script assumes it's opening the W11 Settings screen, and may not work for W10 since the required number of "[TAB]" characters to jump around could be different. There is some unavoidable delay, because you have to wait for Settings to finish starting up.

Attachments

• Flip_DoNotDisturb.zip
    432 bytes
Back