DISM - Error 0x800f0806 [2054], Windows 10 1803

I integrated in windows 10 x64 1803 latests updates from whdownloader + intel microcode + netfx 4 + 3.5, then selected "dism" in clean update backup (and nothing else, no removals, not anything) and i receive this error message. I tried to start from fresh, integrating them again but I keep getting it. I dont know what it is.

I dont get an error if I select "compatible" in clean update backup.

DISM can be picky, this is from the documentation "DISM – in this mode it is using the Windows built-in function to clean updates. While it is the maximum compatible method, in terms of it having the least chances of breaking a future package installation, it can be quite slow and picky on its environment. If it denies to work in your particular target, try the other modes."

I thought about that after reading the documentation, so this error is probably not important. Still, it used to work a couple of months before.

Yeah that's a normal limitation of pending operations in DISM.
Try fresh just integrating updates + DISM cleanup, no feature config or anything else.
Then after the cleanup do the features and the rest.

If that helps, I'll reorder this, so it's done automatically in proper sequence.

Thanks.

I just hit this same snag, I am going to try to run the updates and features in separate runs. I will let you know if DISM decides to complete the cleanup.

Interesting, if you trigger the DISM cleanup a second time during the feature add/remove run it will reproduce the error. So it probably related to pending changes related to the updates.

Generally speaking if I am integrating updates with I tend to avoid any update cleanups until after OOBE. This will give those pending operations time to complete and allow you use DISM to complete the update cleanup again.

I also have this problem on Windows 10 1903 18362.1 Build Enterprise x64 pt-pt latest free version. I can still proceed but will I have any problem?

Attachments

• Captura de Ecrã (1).png
    Captura de Ecrã (1).png
    11.3 KB
Last edited:
See my reply here, it's not a bug, all I can do is make the error message more clear and/or automate/block feature config until after the cleanup.
See here how to workaround it.
You can also google about that DISM limitation.

It's a Windows feature, message will state in the future something like "pending changes on this image, DISM cleanup unsupported".

Will work on auto-inserting DISM cleanup between updates that support it and those that lock it, like Feature Upgrade CAB from 1903->1909 and 2004->2009 - after those or feature config cleanup is not possible, that message.

Back