Doubt about KB5012170 (Secure Boot DBX) and KB5014676 (Dynamic Update for Windows setup)

D

Deleted member 9735

NTlite offers me updates KB5012170 and KB5014676 to integrate it with Windows 10 21h1.
From experience, I refuse to integrate updates to my Windows ISO, other than "Cumulative Update" and "Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8 Cumulative Update", since integrating others has caused me errors.

Question: KB5012170 and KB5014676 can be installed via windows update? (that is, windows installs them automatically in this way, to avoid integrating it with NTlite)
Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla -2022-08-11 10-09-33.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-08-11 10-09-33.png
    17.8 KB
Last edited by a moderator:
KB5012170 is offered by WU. If you don't care about Secure Boot, it's entirely optional.
v2.3.7.8850 has already fixed the KB5012170 integration error.

We already discussed Dynamic Update, it only applies to a clean install, or in-place image upgrade. There's no point installing it unless you feel it's necessary. DU is provided for organizations that have very strict security policies about new systems must having the latest updates.

If you're always making an updated image before every install, it makes no improvements.

solved. Thanks
KB5012170 is offered by WU. If you don't care about Secure Boot, it's entirely optional.
v2.3.7.8850 has already fixed the KB5012170 integration error.

We already discussed Dynamic Update, it only applies to a clean install, or in-place image upgrade. There's no point installing it unless you feel it's necessary. DU is provided for organizations that have very strict security policies about new systems must having the latest updates.

If you're always making an updated image before every install, it makes no improvements.

I would just add that the "Dynamic Update for Windows setup" on the current update list is updating the Windows Setup itself, not the final image.
While it is confusing as it seems that Microsoft calls almost anything a Dynamic Update, the one in NTLite is called "Dynamic Update for Windows setup", more about it here (titled Setup DU, too short for normal users IMHO).
I would suggest always updating image setup if used, who knows what they fixed. If anyone has release changes, would be interesting.

Back