Driver on Install

rschneider82

I created a windows 11 iso to install on multiple laptops. But on the install of windows it is asking for drivers at the start. Looking over to see what I'm missing can find it.

Drivers are added into two places: boot.wim & install.wim

boot.wim allows the USB to boot, and run Setup
install.wim is your Windows image

When you add a driver to the normal Windows image, in the Apply stage -- expand Reapply tasks across editions, and expand Integrate - Drivers. Check boot.wim (Windows Setup). All manually added drivers will be inserted into boot.wim at the same time.

Capture.PNG

I created a windows 11 iso to install on multiple laptops. But on the install of windows it is asking for drivers at the start. Looking over to see what I'm missing can find it.
You mean right on boot?
That's most commonly caused by not updated boot.wim, or not in sync with the rest of the ISO content.
Make sure when updating with NTLite, add Dynamic Update as well from the Update list, and copy whole content back to the USB stick or wherever, do not skip any files, especially don't mix and match boot.wim image.

Also potentially a USB 3.0 port sometimes can be unsupported, try another port, 2.0 preferably.

Same goes if you already did all that, try skipping the Dynamic Update, if it helps, let me know the exact preset to confirm.

Back