Driver removal.

MT_

Hi there!

From a technical aspect, stripping drivers from either W7/10 only reduces the iso but doesn't actually increase mem usage / overhead at runtime right? I mean drivers only get loaded when the hardware for it is detected? Can always disable useless devices afterwards.

Or is there something I should know?

Hi,

correct, they are only active if installed, no need to remove for performance gains.

One could make a small point about an optional antivirus/defender/search indexing/driver installing scanning of unnecessary passive files.

Hi,

correct, they are only active if installed, no need to remove for performance gains.

One could make a small point about an optional antivirus/defender/search indexing/driver installing scanning of unnecessary passive files.

Ah.

I doubt this will be an issue with fast SSD, and I disable pretty much any background process that you mentioned amongst others.

Don't think ive used search indexing or anti-virus software in almost a decade :p

Sandbox/Virtual machine or virustotal for the win!

Thanks!

Windows 7 onwards search and indexing sucks monkeyballs compared to xp. Everything leaves it in the dust.

Back