en-US language pack leftovers (Windows 7)

George King

Hi nuhi,

today I tested LP removal on Windows 7 RTM Ultimate E (7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_cliente_en-us_Retail_UltimateE-GRMCEULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso).

So tested scenario is itegrate cs-CZ LP and set it as default language. This is performed manually using dism.
Code:
dism /Image:%image% /Set-AllIntl:cs-cz
dism /Image:%image% /Set-SKUIntlDefaults:cs-cz

So now I have Windows 7 RTM E Ultimate x64 loaded with two language packs.

Now I selected removal all languages, clean update backup and reuse driver cache. WinSxS have 7408 founds on search for *en-us*, 6491 for *cs-cz*.
So problem is in WinSxS leftovers after English Language Pack removal (maybe others). After this process remaining still 5052 files for *en-us* search (266Mb).

When I compared RTM Ultimate x64 en-US with RTM Ultimate x64 cs-CZ, there is a lot not present LP files.

Can you please improve LP removal from WinSxS?

P.S. This could be usefull also for Thin PC / POSReady when you can localize them using Embedded LP (I know Embedded is not supported, but Im using it only for with attached preset.)

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {6EC4BA8D-FC95-422E-888E-62D7648E56BC}.xml
    4.8 KB
Last edited:
OK, thanks for the report, will check it, but it's a tricky subject as it touches all components.
In the meantime should be able to use cs-CZ Windows ISO instead of starting with an en-US one, if such an image exists.

Will report back tomorrow with the results.

Apologies for the delay, next time if it's important, please ping me over email.

nuhi according to heidoc.net there is a cs-CZ iso - cs_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677376.iso.

George King use the first w7 link(official ms) and enter your product key and you might find it. try the techbench wzt and the heidoc downloader links. This link shows all w7 sp1 ultimate iso's in the various languages including their file hashes. if you still cant find it then there is prolly a mirror at mdl. if you still cant find it enter the full filename into goggle(etc) then download what you find and compare the filehash at heidoc and as long as the hash matches its good to use.

Last edited:
George King, tried this scenario, confirmed leftovers.

Fixed for next update, but needs further testing if it broke anything as this is quite a special situation and goes deep.
I'll send the test version to you if you have extra time, I would appreciate any bug reports.

Thanks.

Fixed in released build 7455, let me know if you see any issues or leftovers.
Thanks.

Back