Enable "ALL extension files" / folders in post-setup

Hi Nuhi,

Can you somehow enable ALL extensions for post-setup to be placed in $OEM files?

There is some configs / folders reliance on their configs, and I need to manually add in after cooking the windows.

It will be great if everything can be automated rather than I have to manually do it separately

I don't understand what are you asking for, wich kind of extensions?

Currently in postsetup, you can choose command or files to add in then enter your own attributes to allow install yea? There is limitation to what can be added in, as developer have limited to .exe .msi etc.

Example for winrar.exe, I want to install, and it reference to winrar.ini which I can add ini into the oem file folder, but I also want to add .key which is the key for winrar to reference so it will be installed straight.

Another example is Adobe acrobat, I wanted to keep $oem folder neat too, acrobat have various files to reference, it will be good to be able to add like drivers method, able to add folder, hence I can add folder of acrobat installer to $oem.

Just curious, did you use post~setup functions before?

I don't know how do you handle rarreg.key, the easyest method, is to copy to winrar dir to register winrar, in that case use the copy command. The winrar setup can be added to NTLite with the command option, we can use our imagination as much as cmd let us work to do anything for setup, registry add/removal strings, change settings, etc.

I mean that's the purpose of this suggestion? Of course winrar is just an example, there is many other stuff which can be done can automate with Ntlite if Nuhi can look into enabling more extension and even adding folders to it, hence everything can be save in presets.

And you mentioned: the easyest method, is to copy to winrar dir to register winrar, in that case use the copy command
In the first place how do you copy it to the sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Files\unknown.extension ? We still have to manually go into this folder to drop it into this folder yea? Then yes, we can use copy command, but without the files added, how do you use the copy command? I mean now its about flexibility and automation rather than manually, hence all I need is just a perfect preset to get everything up nicely without reminding myself there is still some manual work to copy some specific files right?

Now i got your point, you would say "ALL file types copied to..." instead.

And i don't need it, as i have a backup of all my files in an $OEM$ folder that i would just copy to source dir and all commands are already in the preset for 1 win version but i have already a windows version with the OEM folder and all the files in it, instead of adding everything, just make a copy and rename exactly to the already listed in NTLite and do a refresh in NTLite, i don't extract the source files every time i'm going to edit/slim down the windows source.

Easy and smooth.

Last edited:
@dennisfong86, thanks for the suggestion. Yeah one should be able to add any file to use as a config file, to copy.
Added to todo.

In the meantime if you want it in the next version, you can state here which extensions to put.
I need to change the code a bit more to allow for any.
Thanks.

Thanks.

Sent you a test version over email, turns out it was simple to change into all extensions.
Will be in the next public release.

Hi Nuhi,

I have also replied your email.

Tested the version in your mail, YES! Its working for all file extension, and exactly what I need.

Back