Error Message with No Information

tharri

While Integrating Updates into a Windows 7 iso (only integrating updates), I get the following error.

win7error.png

... at the end of the Clean Pending Operations step and right before the Reuse Driver Cache step.

It finished processing with no other errors and completed.

When I reload the image in NTLite, it displays the same error message, then lets me proceed.

How can I figure out what this error is and what may be causing it?

EDIT: I turned off Reuse Driver Cache and got the same error, except this time it refused to proceed with the processing. It just stopped.

EDIT 2: Ok, I found the problem. I checked the log file and found the update installed a duplicate driver. NTLite threw an error because of it. I looked at the mount folder and the found them. The files contained in their folders were byte for byte identical, other than the dates on the files. I deleted the older one and it now loads without issue.

For what it's worth, this happened repeatedly -- I tried several times. If you want more info, Nuhi, let me know.

Last edited:
I also reported it here

nuhi can you please improve Errors and Warnings dialog? So we can see whats causing problems? Also copy to clipboard should be great, when you receive more problems with drivers

Thanks guys, will check and improve this.
Do you have an instruction how to replicate this, can I integrate a specific driver and reload it, which for example?

George King, you can select text in the error report, probably meant it cannot copy multiple lines at once so a copy all button would be nice, true. Will think about that, or make the text multi-line selectable if possible and cleaner.

Thanks guys, will check and improve this.
Do you have an instruction how to replicate this, can I integrate a specific driver and reload it, which for example?

For me the driver was wvmic.inf on Windows 7. It was also repeatable.

The error occurred when I installed the final non-ESU Monthly Rollup update to Windows 7: kb4534310

nuhi you can find information in PM "Test version" from April 21, if you need more information, PM me again in new conversation :)

Last edited:
This got fixed in the build 7756, let me know if you see any other driver errors.
Thanks.

Back