Faulty installation ISO

Trixer

Hi
First of all, i am new to using NTLite.

After doing a reduced ISO with NTLite from a W.installation 64bit Pro ISO and using it to install with, i get Filesystem error (-1073741515) on most things i try to do on the installed OS. And EDGE browser dont really open up but shuts down after a few seconds. I can not use systemconfig, command promt or install things, for example. The list could go on. I have done it twice and can not understand what i do wrong since there should not be anything problematic that i remove.

Any idèes?

Hi,

most probably VMWare? Then it would be the "Anti-Malware Scan Interface" component, leave it next time. That is a known limitation, noted in the description.

Let me know if that helped, if not, please attach the preset and let me know if it's a VM or a real one.
Btw this is one of the rare differences in real vs VM that I have ever seen.

Thanks.

Hi,

most probably VMWare? Then it would be the "Anti-Malware Scan Interface" component, leave it next time. That is a known limitation, noted in the description.

Let me know if that helped, if not, please attach the preset and let me know if it's a VM or a real one.

Thanks.

So you mean i should leave all VMWare items alone, and the A-M scan interface?
What happens then with the rest of defender, which i will remove as i did now?

I did this in and on a regular Pc Os. No VM at all.

I`ll try it again and report back.

Only the "Anti-Malware Scan Interface" removal caused the mentioned issue in my tests, the rest of the Defender can go.
If you replicated it on a real machine, and confirm it's this component, I'll change the description, and lock it some more with compatibility options.
I have users who reportedly removed it without any issues, one on real, another on Virtual Box.

How about W.update. There are several items of W.update, which ones are necessary to remove to get that better removal function?

Now i left the antimalware-scan alone but got another problem. When the installation was about to finish i got the message - The installation configuration can not be updated, the installation will be stopped. All changes will be lost.
Translated from Swedish.

I tried it twice.

This time i used the latest Beta, if that matters.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks.

How do i attach a preset?

Also if you wonder what or where is the preset, please check for a bit of info here.

Hi,

Thanks.

Well, leaving the A-m scan out did the trick. Now the OS worked fine but, EDGE is still a problem. It starts upp and holds still for a few seconds and then shuts down. I`ve tried a DISM repair but no change. So i attached the preset for this.

Bye the way, my former question about W.update removal, can i get an answer here or do i have to create a new thread?

Back