Feature Request - Force Redo-Removal of Component

pmikep

This is a small thing for those who obsess about the size of the Windows footprint.

The latest version of NTLite has a fix that fixes "‘Steps Recorder’, ‘Paint’, ‘WordPad’ and ‘PowerShell’ package leftovers."

But I've already removed those Components with a previous version of NTLite. So I can't re-remove them now.

Or can I? Could there be a feature for fixed removals like this that offers the user to do a "forced re-removal," triggering the Removal Engine to go through the motions again on certain items to get rid of the leftovers?

But I've already removed those Components with a previous version of NTLite. So I can't re-remove them now.

Or can I? Could there be a feature for fixed removals like this that offers the user to do a "forced re-removal," triggering the Removal Engine to go through the motions again on certain items to get rid of the leftovers?
Use:
New-Components: 'ntlite.exe /forcelistcomponents' switch for listing undetected components

Info found in changelog: October 29, 2019 1.8.0.7215

Brilliant - on both your part and nuhi's part.

I didn't know that ntlite had command line switches.

I'll have to try it and see what happens.

Tnx.

Well that was pretty cool.

I re-removed Steps Recorder and Paint.

Interestingly, NTLite reported 0 files removed. And did not require a reboot.

So either nuhi removed more than he knew with previous versions of NTLite, or maybe diskcleanup removed the leftovers. Or perhaps NTLite doesn't report these scraps when removed?

Try setting "DisableProtections>false</DisableProtections" to True in your settings.xml file.

It could be that nuhi protected those files for a Compatibility reason, i dont know. When you "disable protections true" you can access those Components that are greyed out, maybe nuhi links protected files to that setting, again i dont know because i havnt lited in over a year, wait n see what he says. :)

Back