Hellbovine

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved)

Summary: Installing either the "Lite" or "Not recommended" template always results in an error message coming from the bottom right corner of the taskbar, as soon as task scheduler starts to run for the first time. I do not recall if the error happened on the other 2 templates, but since these are often used in many images, it's important that issues in the templates are resolved.

MORE INFORMATION
OS: Unmodified Windows 10 ISO, version 21H2, build 19044.1288
NTLite: version 2.3.9.9039, default settings

You can force task scheduler to be initiated by entering "rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks & pause" into a command prompt, without quotes. Afterwards, a notification from "Settings" will appear and show 2 separate messages. The first one says, "We are adding some new features to Windows..." and then another notification appears saying, "Something went wrong..."

There's several errors in the Administrative Events log too, I imagine one of them is related, but I'm not sure which. What this bug report means is that there is probably a component that shouldn't be removed at all, or maybe it needs to wait until after the desktop is reached before removing it, otherwise it creates errors when provisioning is taking place from scheduled tasks that are pending immediately after a clean install.

Last edited:
Did you keep everything in Compatibility at default?

It seems related to Features on Demand or Language Pack Setup, so indirectly with Windows Update, Optional Features as well.

Templates will break things if you don't use Compatibility to keep what you need.

Using version 2.3.9.9039 of NTLite with all the settings at defaults. ISO is an unmodified W10 21H2.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry I should have included that info originally, but I got sidetracked while multitasking. For bugs/suggestion reports I try to always make sure it's using the latest NTLite version with default Settings, on an unmodified Windows 10 21H2 ISO.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry I should have included that info originally, I just got sidetracked while multitasking. For bugs/suggestion reports I try to always make sure it's this configuration (latest NTLite / Default Settings / unmodified W10 21H2 ISO).
Careful once you go down that black hole of Lite/Not recommended you cannot come back......unless your father takes out the Emperor and redeems himself. Maybe then you could.

It's the dark side of the Ntlite lol

Back