File currently busy or access is denied. Sometimes due to antivirus background scanning of the same file

BorjaZD

Hello, when I try to load the already installed windows 10 on my computer i got the following error. Thid makes impossible to load the image fot editing.
I turned off the Windows defender and still have the same problem.

How can I solve this?
I attached the screenshot

Thanks
borjazd

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    61.7 KB
Did you run any other scripts to change folder or file ownership/permissions? Do you still have the preset for the image you installed?

No, I haven't run any script to modify ownership, here is the preset.

this happened after a host refresh

Removing CDP (Connected Devices Platform) will break desktop. Otherwise I don't see a problem with the preset.
The reported error is file is busy, or access denied. Can you open this file to read? (it's normal XML)

Problem solved!
I just changed the ownership of the folder Windows Apps and it worked perfectly.

Thank you garlin!

That's great. As moderator, I want to remind users in general, not to change system folder ownership or permissions.
Changing ownership and permissions on registry keys can lead you into a world of hurt too.

PowerRun can open Registry and CMD from its toolbar, below are my custom entries for PowerRun.ini, i can get most things done with these
Code:
[FileList]
1=%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe|%SystemRoot%\|
1=%SystemRoot%\System32\devmgmt.msc|%SystemRoot%\System32\|
1=%SystemRoot%\System32\diskmgmt.msc|%SystemRoot%\System32\|
1=%SystemRoot%\System32\gpedit.msc|%SystemRoot%\System32\|
1=%SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc|%SystemRoot%\System32\|
1=%SystemRoot%\System32\taskschd.msc|%SystemRoot%\System32\|

Last edited:
Back