Fingerprint scanner requirements

skschatzman

Hello all. I recently aquired an Acer Spin 5 Laptop convertible. After a few failed attempts at preserving the settings required for my fingerprint scanner to function properly, I decided to come here. I'm still fairly new at using NTLite so please go easy on me if it's a simple fix. If anyone knows what all is required please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upload the autosaved preset is needed so we can take a look at it and try to help.

Probably TPM and Smartcard related components.

I notized some laptop manufactureres as default put Bitlocker on all drives, coz of TPM in BIOS. Even if you change the SSD and install a NTL lited image.
FWIW if can help: A workaround is to suspend Bitlocker:
Open Powershell with admin rights and put:
Suspend-BitLocker -MountPoint "Drive letter:" -RebootCount 0

After restart open THIS PC - right click drives and check if Bitlocker is still active (sure it is) - now possible can turn Bitlocker off and should be good to go from here.

Bitlocker on C drive it's new buy or NTL coz of TPM- WTF

I notized some laptop manufactureres as default put Bitlocker on all drives, coz of TPM in BIOS. Even if you change the SSD and install a NTL lited image.
FWIW if can help: A workaround is to suspend Bitlocker:
Open Powershell with admin rights and put:
Suspend-BitLocker -MountPoint "Drive letter:" -RebootCount 0

After restart open THIS PC - right click drives and check if Bitlocker is still active (sure it is) - now possible can turn Bitlocker off and should be good to go from here.

Bitlocker on C drive it's new buy or NTL coz of TPM- WTF
I have a dual boot. the original OS install works fine. It was only after I created a secondary NTLite stripped OS that it stopped working. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere.

One of the first things I did was go into bios to enable/disable things. I disabled TPM. Maybe this is the issue?

Last edited:
Can't see you've removed anything related to Kasuals post regarding TPM or Smartcard - You can also consider using the Compatibility in the upper left corner when click Components. Or it could be a hardware issue unless you've tested before buy as i read refurbish from convertible laptop?

Can't see you've removed anything related to Kasuals post regarding TPM or Smartcard - You can also consider using the Compatibility in the upper left corner when click Components. Or it could be a hardware issue unless you've tested before buy as i read refurbish from convertible laptop?
It's a new unit. It's called a convertible because it can be used as a laptop or tablet. It worked fine with the preinstalled system. I'll test it after turning on TPM in bios and report back.

Enabling TPM in bios didn't solve the issue.
The pre-installed system allows me to add/remove/change my sign-in options.
The stripped install shows a message *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.* and doesn't allow me to add/remove/change any options.

I'm sure I screwed something up in NTLite to cause this. :mad:

Last edited:
in post no10 you said "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.*" if you used Control Panel you could find which applet runs for those settings, then run that applet "elevated" from Power Run.

the only other thing i would suggest is create another partition on your c: drive, do a default w10 install then do live removals 10 at a time to until something breaks.

ahh, good lad. sometimes thats the only way to do it and it is time consuming :(
if your c: drive is 500gb then keep 100gb spare because you never know when you will need to do a test(live removals) or rescue install. that has gotten me out of crap creek many times.

Last edited:
Here is the autoload preset
The autosaved preset have listed:
Enterprise Data Protection (EDP/WIP) - the first that comes to my mind
Credential Manager
Credential Enrollment Manager
Face Recognition - would have removed something needed by FP

Also would need:
.NET Native Frameworks
.NET Native Runtimes

The autosaved preset seems "too agressive" for my needs (I do the most compatible for taking the drive to other system and test, as I am the family's computer guy), if keeping the above list doesn't fix the issue, some of the features disabled, privacy and uac tweaks would need to be relaxed.

Kasual
Clanger
I relaxed some of the settings. I did do some trial and error with live removal. This one seems to be working. This will be a closed system for my Display Calibration needs. It will not be connected to the internet. I wanted to disable/remove as much as possible to make it snappy. The built-in thumbprint reader is all the security I will need.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {15D38EF0-5C7F-4108-B605-CEDEA2705CEF}.xml
    35 KB
Last edited:
Back