Solved -- Hanvon (Graphics) Tablet not working quite right anymore

pmikep

I have a Hanvon brand graphics tablet. In the past, before I 'lite'd Win7, the tablet worked fine, in the sense that, when I plugged it in to a USB port and brought the stylus close to the tablet, it would take control of my mouse cursor and I could move the cursor with the stylus.

However, when I tried the tablet the other day, with a lite'd Win7, the tablet no longer takes control from my mouse.

It's not a big deal, although it causes some problems now in Corel PaintShop Pro. (Whereas, it never used to.)

Anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem before? My mouse hasn't changed in all these years. My nVidia graphic card driver has, in case that might have any affect.

I'm sure this problem is due to something I've removed from Windows. I noticed that NTLite .6400 just came out and nuhi has a note about how Tablet PC removal was breaking something else. So I might try leaving Tablet PC in and removing it later using Windows' Feature Removal. (Tablet PC is about all I can think of that might directly affect a graphics tablet, since both a Tablet PC and a graphics tablet have "touch" in common.)

But again, I'm interested in any ideas.

Last edited:
I took NTLite 1.7.0.6400 and did another build, leaving in two Touch PC components. Now my Hanvon graphics tablet works.So Kasual, if you're reading this, you might want to add a note to your "Keep This" thread for graphics tablet.

Back